|38|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 3 8 |

He remembered the times he woke up to the deafening silence of this grey lifeless house

He remembered the times he woke up to the deafening silence of this grey lifeless house. He wanted so bad to rid of the house, but he couldn't. He didn't have the power. Suho told him otherwise, yet he clung on to the thought of disappointing his parents. They got the house for him; shouldn't he be thankful?

It took him a while, but the man finally realized it was better to sell it. His brother just nonchalantly nodded when he proposed the idea – of course, he knew it all along. The little brother he could read so easily.

These days were unlike the other, for he woke up to a lot of metal clunking and shuffling downstairs. The man had been through this for quite some time since Jayoung showed up in his life, but it was so sudden, he might still need some time to get used to this welcoming environment.

Stretching to his heart's content, Minseok brought his hand to rub at his eyes when the gold of the ring blinded him.

Right.

He was still wearing it.

Days ago when the girl had to cook for the guys before the vacation thing, she took it off. He never saw her put it on since.

She was cooking - she can't just put it on...

He wanted to be angry so bad, but he couldn't. That innocent face.

A knock caught his attention. As he was still dazed from his sleep, he took his time to get the door.

"Oppa, here's your..." Jayoung still had her apron on, her hair tied into a small bun and looking at him weirdly. The girl had a tray of sandwich and medicine for him. "Uh..."

He followed her eyes that were trailing down and suddenly he found out that he didn't have a shirt on. A cough left his lips while he tried not to let out any other snickering noises. Normally, he wouldn't feel that confident showing off his body, quickly tried to cover it up whenever he could; however, it seemed like she was enjoying it more than he thought she would. Such a perverted girl.

"Thanks." He took the tray and Jayoung shook her head staring up at him once more, her face burning red.

"Um, uh, don't want you to catch a cold again, so.. that's some abs... I mean, Vitamin, for you. Of course. Ahahha~~" Jayoung, out of nowhere, bowed at him and stepped back, tripping on her heels. "Omo."

Aigoo, so cute.

He caught her again by the arm before she fell back on the flat surface while his other arm managed to keep the tray balanced. "You know, I would have gone downstairs either way. You needn't have to do this." He didn't mean to sound ungrateful. It was just unnecessary for her to bring this up to him. He was going to watch her cook anyway. Wouldn't miss it for the world – not anymore.

His pleasant mood was shortly interrupted when she frowned and yelled at him, which was completely out of her character. "What? I can't do it then? What do you want? AH!"