|51|

| 5 1 |

She sat in the library, staring at all the text with the wandering thoughts baiting her away from the academic world to the world of tomorrow

She sat in the library, staring at all the text with the wandering thoughts baiting her away from the academic world to the world of tomorrow. She couldn't stop thinking about what she would do without him. Yes, she had told herself that and she had made sure Minseok would hear the end of it, but deep down, she couldn't help it. It wasn't possible to push that kind of thought down, but she shook her head and focused on the homework she had to complete. She had to grow up and learn to be wiser and cooler like Minseok.

He sat in the office, staring at the letter in his hands. Maybe, this could lead to a new life. He wanted to be better for Jayoung. He had to, so he handed the letter to his brother. When Suho turned around from his comfy office chair, Resignation glared at Suho's face, but Suho didn't elicit any strong emotion as he had thought. The old brother just smiled at him and waved him away, sending him off with two fists – fighting motion, encouraging him with a cute cheer.

She listened to every word Chef Kai said, learning the precious recipe that he had created. Kai had made her promised that she would make his recipe the second in her menu after her most favourite creation. It was going to be hard to find what kind of taste she would want to go for and stand out as a chef, but Kai just made her learn for now.

"There'll be plenty of time to create a recipe. Now, just hone your craft."

He listened to every word the doctor said, learning about his own perfect and healthy body and how it would certainly serve his country well. There would be a physical and emotional strain. The doctor stressed that if he experienced any intense flashbacks as he did in the past, he must alert the doctor. His heart burned at the thought of Soyoung albeit a little less.

"There'll be times you can't fight the visions. Just focus on the action."

She looked at the list of university, scanning each and every one of their offers. She needed a scholarship. She wasn't going to depend on her parents. Minseok could only do so much to help her. If she weren't pushing herself, then no one would help her.

He researched aimlessly at all of the articles of other people joining the mandatory enlistment, but at one point, he closed his laptop. He couldn't spend the rest of his time scaring himself. The one thing he picked up on the numerous stories online was that hesitation was not tolerated. Then, Yixing's number popped in. The Chinese voice screaming at him to go outside and do something else, so he did. He looked at the list of courses on photography and graphic design.

"Jayoung-ah," he held out a big photo album to Jayoung who had just entered their new house was just taking off her backpack. "I thought this would be nice. I forgot to ask which one you want to be framed, so I did this –"

"I'll frame it myself." She skipped to the couch and leaned against him, opening the photo album and marveling at the pretty pictures they had taken in Japan.

Of course, Chan jumped up the couch with her and whimpered for her affection to which she gladly gave. Petting the little German Shepherd, she looked through the many pictures with her eyes watering, her nose sniffing.

"Oh, come on. I don't look that ugly that you're crying?" Minseok brought her close and brushed his lips softly against her hair. "I have three more of these huge albums still being processed and printed out at Sehun's place." He had no idea Sehun had such a high-quality photo printer hidden somewhere. Minseok made a mental note to invest in an even better one when he came back.

"The test is coming up in a month." With a mouth full of Chef Kyungsoo's best kimchi given as a housewarming gift, she leaned forward in her chair, watching his chubby cheeks moving with all the food. She wasn't going to see more him, so she had to compensate and hoard all of his attention for now. "I'm also having an entrance exam around September or October... Not sure which college I'm going yet, but yeah."

"I'm sorry I can't be there."

"Oppa~~ don't say that. You're making me sad."

I'm making you sad already... It's going to be worse when-

"Hey, I got Chef, Jongdae-shi, Suho-oppa who have plenty of stuff on you. I think I'll get through it." a cute chuckle she let out when he suddenly choked on kimchi.

"Crap- I mean... I don't have anything. They don't have anything on me."

She was lying on the windowsill reading her notes as Minseok was scanning through various websites looking for what he wanted to take up when he came back.

"Oh! I know what to frame!"

So Minseok set up his camera while Jayoung tried to bring their dogs together for a photo.

He stood tall staring at the clear blue sky brightening up his senses when he felt endearing arms slid behind him, Jayoung's hands clasping over his torso, her head against his back. Minseok heard her mumbled something against his back, but it was muffled by his thick clothes.

"You look handsome."

"Yeah?"

"Maybe, you'll get more muscles when you come back."

A light chuckle and he turned to return the embrace looking down at her with a knowing look. "Oh. I see where this is going... you only want me for my body. Wait, that's a girl's lin–"

"Whatever!" smacking her forehead into his chest, she laughed when he actually whined at the sudden attack. Jayoung took in the man before her in his black attire although she didn't have to try to remember it since the clothes would be sent back to her anyway.

Now, with Suho beside her, they watched Minseok slowly disappearing into the lifeless looking camp. She wanted to cry, but no tears came to. She didn't realize it had been half an hour when Suho softly nudged her.

"Hey, let's go home."

So they pathed ways that day, waiting for days to end and heartache to drown them in sorrow.

| This had been Number 1 for a whole week  I suppose. I never thought this could come this far, but it did. Thank you so much for the support, my lovely readers ^^ |

 Thank you so much for the support, my lovely readers ^^ |