Chapter Twenty Four

Damon wasn't mad that I tricked him, he just laughed it off. He was going to make me make him breakfast but he got a call from Jackson. He left saying that he needed to take care of a little pest.

I don't want to sit in the house all day, so I'm going to the pack house, to hang out with Kayla and maybe get to know the pack more.

The pack house was crowded as always, I don't get how people like living with so much people. It would drive me crazy, but then again you never have to feel lonely.

A few unfamiliar people said hi to me, probably because they know that I'm going to be there Luna. There is a red headed girl who has been glaring at me since I walked in. I'm tempted to go ask her what's her problem, but I don't want to get on anyone's bad side. I need the pack to accept me, if they don't then I can't be the Luna.

The sound of the red head's heels clacking interrupted my thoughts. She walked toward me then stopped and put her hand of her hip. It looked like she was posing for an imaginary photographer.

"There is a rumor going around that you are going to our Luna. Is that true?" She sneered. She looked me up and down, then snorted in disgust. For some who is that pretty, she is really ugly.

"Yeah, that's true. Damon is my mate." I smiled politely. I have to be nice, I can't have anyone thinking that I'm being mean to their pack members.

"Just so you know, Alpha Damon doesn't want you. He is in love with my best friend and he planning on mating with her." She smirked at me with a evil glint in her eyes. I scoffed at her statement, I know she is just trying to rly me up. I'm not about jump to conclusions, just because this Jessica Rabbit wannabe said so.

"Sureeeeee, honey, believe what you want." I said with sickly sweet tone. I walked away from her and went upstairs. I have no idea where I'm going I just wanted a dramatic exit.

I walked around the second level of the house, it was all rooms and bathrooms. Same with the third and four level. I went to the fifth level, which I believe is the heights one. This level was filled with offices, I wonder if Damon is in his office. Maybe I should go surprise him.

I walked around until I found a room that had ALPHA written on it. I can hear some voices talking, maybe he is in a meeting. I don't want to ruin it for him, just as I was about to leave I hear a crash from the room.

I quickly flung open the door, I look around the room to find a broken vase on the floor and the raven haired girl from the bathroom wrapped around Damon with her lipstick smeared on him. I heard another crash but this time it was my heart.

"Are you guys having fun? Don't let me interrupt you, please continue." I walked away from the room. I will not have him see me cry, I am not going to let some dumbass Alpha break my heart.

I hear Damon running towards me, but I don't turn around. I keep walking like he isn't even there.

"Elizabeth, please let me explain. If you would just listen to me then you would know that I didn't do anything." He said clearly frustrated that I'm giving him the silent treatment. I Took a deep breath and faced him.

"Fine, Damon explain to me why she was wrapped around you like a damn monkey and why you have her ugly ass hot pink lipstick all over your lips." I snapped. He frantically started wiping the lipstick off with the back of his hand.

"Jade, came in to the office level bothering everyone. So Jackson called me to make her leave, because she doesn't listen to anyone but me. She kept flirting with me, I told her to stop because I have a mate. And I told her that I would never be with her, that you are my one and only. She got mad and threw the vase on the floor then jumped on me and kissed me. I pushed her away but it was too late." He said looking at me desperately. I looked into his eyes to see if he was telling the truth and he was. I can the desperation and fear in his eyes.

"Was she the one you slept with while I was in the dungeon?" I asked already knowing the answer to my question. He dropped his down in shame. I can feel my wolf whimpering at his betrayal.

"Yes, but I swear to you that it meant absolutely nothing."

"I believe you, I might not fully trust you yet. But I believe you, I know you wouldn't do that to me." I quietly said, feel all the energy drained out of me. It seems like there is a big grey cloud above me.

"Thank you, Elizabeth, for listening to me. I'm glad that I have you as a mate, there is a small problem though." He said nervously. Problem? What problem? Does he not want to me to be his mate anymore? Is he in love with someone else? Am I not good enough? My heartbeat quickened and so did my breathing.

"W-w-what problem?" I stuttered out trying to remain calm but failing.

"Jade wants to challenge you for the Luna position, she doesn't think you strong enough and neither does some of the pack members." His jaw tensed and he was biting the inside of his cheeks, which was a bad habit that he has.

"Do you think I'm strong enough?"

"Mentally? Yes. And with a few more weeks of training then you will be physically strong enough too," he said making me feel more confident.

"When will I fight her?" I asked feeling a lot more confident.

"Next week," Jade came up from behind Damon.

AUTHOR NOTE//

I really need a new cover for this book, email me a cover. Also please try and get more active on my book, try commenting more.

Also make sure to read my other book, it's my favorite.

Vote and COMMENT, if you want.

Follow me if you want to.

Email: Hanaalomari53@gmail.com