Chapter Twenty Six

Tomorrow is the challenge and to say that I am nervous is an understatement. I have been training like crazy this past week. I have pushed my body to its limits and Damon has been helping me, also Jackson.

I haven't really seen much of Jackson lately other than training. He has been very distant, he's not the happy out-going kind of guy that he was when I first met him. I do miss having him around.

Even though I have been training like crazy, I haven't seen Jade at the gym. It's like she not even trying, which makes me even more nervous. My stomach twists at the thought of the challenge. I'm so terrified of losing Damon that it hurts. I have grown to really like him, and I don't want to lose that.

"Stop worrying, you are going to be fine. I will not let anyone kill you," Damon came up from behind me, giving me a chaste kiss on the forehead. I closed my eyes enjoying the sparks.

"How did you know that I was thinking about that ?" I looked up at him, he smiled at me and winked.

"You usually get this cute little wrinkle between your eyebrows when you are worrying about something." He chuckled, pulling me closer to him. I lay my head on his shoulder, breathing in his intoxicating scent.

"I think my body is finally getting used to all this training, I'm not as sore as I was and my muscles are more defined." I happily said, feeling proud of myself. I didn't think I would survive this week and I did.

"I know. I can see it, you have me to thank for that." He said smugly. He tapped his cheek with his index finger, indicating from me to kiss his cheek. I kissed my fingers and gently tapped his cheek with the spot I kissed.

"Oh really? That's how you are going to thank me?" He said, with a mischievous fling in his eyes. Before I could react, he lunges forward attacking me with kisses all over my neck and face. I giggled, trying to push him off. But it didn't work, so I cupped his junk with my hand.

He stopped, staying completely still, not daring to move. His eyes turned towards me with a desire filled look, I quickly pushed him off taking him by surprise. I ran out of the room, running downstairs to make some breakfast, acting as if nothing has just happened.

I heard Damon's rushed step coming down the stairs, I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing. I can see him from the corner of my eyes, staring at me. I continued making my breakfast, pretending that i didn't know he was there. I made myself some cereal and walked right past him into the dining room.

"Did you really grab my junk?" He asked with a faux gasp. I looked up at him with a innocent look.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I would never do such a thing." I smirked at him.

Just before Damon could respond Jackson opened the door, stomped in to the living room and dropped on the couch, covering his face with his palms.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked finishing up my food.

"Mate problems. I met my mate a while ago and now I'm just having trouble with her." He groaned grabbing a pillow and shoving it in his face.

"Care to be more detailed?" I walked towards him grabbing the pillow on his face.

"Not really... never mind just forget about it. I came here for a reason, and that is to talk to Damon." He got up and walked to Damon.

"What do you need?" Damon asked.

"Umm.. I didn't want to say this in front of Lizzie but Jade and Jess are spreading rumors about Lizzie. And Most of the pack believes her, since you haven't formally introduced Lizzie as your mate and Luna." Jackson said giving me a saddened look. He's right, I never thought about it until now. Damon has never properly introduced me to the pack. I thought the pack would just assume that I was his mate, since I am living with him.

"Well if that is what they want then let's give it to them." Damon abruptly grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. There was a group of pack members already there. Damon must of mind linked them to come to his house.

"My beta told me that some one has been spreading rumors about my mate and my pack actually believes those said rumors." Damon said in a calm demeanor but with a underlining aggression in his tone . The pack looked terrified but also ashamed at there actions.

"This is Elizabeth Grey, she is my mate and your Luna. As some of you know Jade has challenged my mate for the Luna position. The challenge will take place tomorrow, I expect all of you to be there. After the challenge when Elizabeth wins we will have the Luna ceremony right away." Damon stated loudly. He then quietly excused them to leave.

Why hadn't he told me that the Luna ceremony was after the challenge? I should have been informed about this. Especially since the Luna ceremony is going to be combined with the mating ceremony. The mating ceremony is a wedding for werewolves but more important.

"Why didn't you tell me that the ceremony was taking place after the challenge?" I asked Damon.

"Because I just decide to do that right now, I want you to be my Luna and I want to be mated to you as soon as the challenge is over. I never ever want to be apart from you." He whispered the last part in my ear, gently kissing my cheek. I am truly falling in love with this man. I am willing to do anything for him, even if that means fighting to the death.

AUTHOR NOTE//

HELLO!!! I'm almost at 2K reads!! Thank you so much!! I really want to get 200 votes on this book and it really would be amazing if you guys could do that for me. Also try and comment more, I love reading your comments!

Vote and comment, if you want more And follow me if you feel like it.