Chapter Two

"You can look but you better not touch..." Robert sings for the crowd, lots of ladies drooling over the musician as he periodically gives suggestive looks to them. 

Patrick rolls his eyes from the bar area, serving people their drinks. "What a tool..." He mutters.

Jeffrey stands in the back area, looking over his hotel club, seeing many people pleased with the entertainment and he smiles to himself. 

Will stands awkwardly next to Jeffrey, knowing the hotels doors are closed for the evening so he won't be having to escort anybody anywhere until the next day. 

"Y'know you can go get a drink and hang out, right?" Jeffrey suddenly says, making Will surprised.

"What?" Jeffrey looks at Will.

"You are done for the day, go get a drink and find a lady or something before Robert takes all of 'em away..." Jeffrey commands.

"Oh, thank you, sir!" Will says and walks towards the bar area, making Jeffrey chuckle.

Will cautiously approaches the bar, thinking about what he should order. "Can I help you?" A voice interrupts his thoughts. Will looks over to see a man with black wavy hair and bright blue eyes. 

"Uh... whisky sour please..." Patrick smirks, making the glass.

"Strong order for a young lad like yourself..." Patrick comments, placing Will's drink on a coaster. 

"Why is everyone calling me young? I'm not that much younger than you..." Patrick's eyebrows raise.

"Oh? How old are you then?" 

"29." 

"Damn, I would've thought you were fresh out of college..." 

"I get that a lot.." Will laughs. They both don't talk for a moment, listening to Robert singing on stage. "He's pretty talented, isn't he?" Will asks, referring to Robert. 

"You're kidding, right?" Patrick asks, scowling at what he just heard. Will looks at Patrick again, furrowing his brows.

"Kidding about what?" 

"You think that guy is talented?!" 

"Yeah, of course I do! Who wouldn't?" 

"Listen, man, that douchebag up there is nothing, the only reason he even has a job is because Jeffrey worships him for some odd reason!" Patrick exclaims, getting annoyed.

"Woah... Okay, I'm sorry I don't know his history, I just know people around here talk about him a lot and I think his music is good..." Will puts his hands up in defense. 

"Sorry, as you can see I really don't like that guy, yet I have to deal with him basically everyday..." 

"Do you mind me asking what makes you dislike him so much?" Will asks.

"Maybe some other time... I'm not too keen on talking about my personal problems with people I just met..." 

"I understand." Will nods, taking a sip of his drink.

~

The night comes to an end and the club is practically empty, besides four men. 

Robert is cleaning the stage up, Jeffrey and Will are having a drink and Patrick is cleaning the tables. 

"Hey." Will whispers to Jeffrey.

"Yeah?" 

"Do you know the deal between them two?" Will asks, gesturing towards Patrick and Robert. 

"To be honest, I don't. I just know that Patrick tries to ignore Rob at all costs so he doesn't get annoyed, and if they do have a conversation it never ends well... I don't know why and I don't care." Jeffrey explains, taking one last shot.

"Oh..." Will whispers, looking back at the other two before finishing his last drink of the night. 

~

The next day, Patrick was sitting in his room, over thinking about his past again. He opens up his balcony door and steps outside, breathing in fresh air, looking over Miami. He looks down at the ring he is holding, trying not to flip out. "Bastard..." He mutters, clutching the ring tight, until he hears a knock on his door.

He furrows his brows and walks towards his door, looking through the peephole. Robert was standing outside his door, which made him all the more mad. "Open up, Dempsey. I know you are in there..." Robert speaks up. Patrick reluctantly opens the door, letting Robert in. 

"What the fuck do you want?" Patrick says bitterly. Robert takes note of his tone, then looks to Patrick's closed fist, knowing what he is clutching. 

"We need to figure something out..." Patrick gets confused.

"What do you mean?" 

"We work together basically everyday, and if I say a peep to you it turns ugly, which needs to change..." Patrick immediately doesn't react to this statement well.

"Excuse me?! If you are asking me to forgive you, forget it, it's never going to happen. You ruined my life, Downey!" Robert stands there, staying silent. "Maybe instead of trying to talk to me, you should just ignore me, that way we will never have to argue."

"I don't want to ignore you..." 

"Why not? You didn't seem to care a year ago..." Patrick rolls his eyes.

"I'm sorry I ruined your life, Patrick. But you need to remember this: I can't change the past..." Robert finishes before walking out of Patrick's room. Once the door closes, Patrick throws the ring on the ground, yelling in frustration. 

"Fuck. You." He mutters as he curls up into himself on his couch. 

~

A/N

Still kinda small but I'm just trying to take this slowly for once. Like, I don't even want to introduce the woman for awhile so I can build up the characters and their pasts and relationships with each other, y'know? Anyways, not much Jeffrey in this one, I kind of focused on Roberts and Patricks conflict here, but still keeping it vague. What do you think happened between them? Will Patrick ever have a change of heart over whatever Robert did? Next chapter up soon, thanks guys!