Chapter Three

"Mr. Morgan? The Diamond couple has just entered the building and are asking for you." Will calls up to Jeffrey's room.

"Alright, thanks, I'll be down in ten minutes..." Jeffrey says in a gravely voice, hanging up the phone. "Fuck this hangover..." He whispers, slowly getting up and out of his bed.

He searches his closet for a suit to wear for the day, and starts to head down to the lobby where Ben Diamond awaits. "There he is! Jeffrey Dean Morgan, long time no see!" Ben announces. 

"Good morning to you too, Ben. What ya need me for?" 

"I think we should go into your office to have a discussion..." Ben says quietly, wrapping an arm around Jeffrey's shoulder as there is a cigar between his index and middle finger. "Honey, I will be back soon, okay?" Ben looks over his shoulder at his young wife.

The two men enter Jeffrey's office, taking a seat. "What's this about, Ben?" 

"Cutting right to the chase I see..." Ben mocks.

"I have a major headache, I'm not in the mood for bullshit today, so get on with it." 

"Ah, hangover. Poor Jeffrey can't keep his alcohol at bay?" 

"Ben..." Jeffrey says seriously, wanting to get Ben out of his sight.

"Fine, I'm here because it is that time of month again, but I'm sure you are aware of that..." 

"Oh, Ben is getting his period, I get it..." Jeffrey mocks back, making Ben's smirk fade quickly into a nasty scowl. 

"I wouldn't play if I were you, Morgan." 

"Then just tell me what the fuck you want before I kick you out of my hotel right now..."

~

"What's your name?" Will asks Ben's wife, as they are the only two in the room, waiting for the discussion to be over.

"Lily" She says softly.

"Nice to meet you, Lily, I'm Will..." Will says and goes to give her a handshake, but she just stares at his hand.

"I can't..." She whispers, which makes Will frown.

"Oh, okay then..." He puts his hand down and steps away. Suddenly, Patrick walks into the room and notices the silence. 

"Mornin' Will, nice to see you Mrs. Diamond..." Patrick greets with a smile.

"Morning..." Will replies.

"Thanks..." Lily says softly.

"Are you going to the club area?" Will asks as Patrick starts to walk away.

"Yeah, why?" 

"I'll help you for a second..." Will awkwardly says, following Patrick into the club area.

"You can place each chair around each table neatly..." Patrick instructs as he goes to the bar and makes sure everything is in its place.

"Hey, what is with that woman out there?" Will asks, almost like the previous night asking about Robert's and Patrick's past.

"You are quite a nosy person, aren't you?" Patrick chuckles.

"Well, I wouldn't be if everyone here wasn't so secretive or mysterious..." 

"People come here for peace, Will. Maybe most have had a past and wanted to flee from it, maybe Miami made them put internal walls up, whatever their story, they have a right to stay silent about it..." Patrick explains. 

"I'm sorry... That woman just didn't even want to shake my hand..." Will justifies. 

"Maybe she is afraid her husband would see and take it badly, I know that Mr. Diamond is very protective over his wife... I could be wrong, though..." Patrick shrugs.

"Ohhh... That could be it. Okay, I won't bother you anymore.." Will says before walking out of the club area.

"What about the chairs!?" Patrick yells, hoping Will would finish the chore he asked him to do. 

~

"I'm running short, man... I need more, and I need it fast." Ben says.

"I have given you more than enough, go find somebody else for charity." 

"Nobody else has the money, Jeffrey." 

"You need to explore outside of Miami, nobody is going to come to you and give you the money you are looking for, only people in Miami do that." 

"I thought you might turn me down... So I have a deal to make-"

"No." Jeffrey flatly says.

"You will hear me out. If you don't, I will shut down this hotel and you will be nothing!" Ben threatens and Jeffrey stands up. 

"No, you will not, because you and I both know that I have enough information on you to shut you down and make you fucking disappear!"

"You are acting like the deal is a horrible thing, all I want is your little performer there if you don't give me the money..." Jeffrey's eyes widen.

"Why do you want Robert? He would just cause trouble for you..." 

"Oh, I disagree with that statement. He is a strong and sneaky man who can also be heartless at times, he would be perfect under my employment."

"I wouldn't call what you do an 'employment'..." 

"Well, if you do not give me the money within two weeks, you can say goodbye to your faithful entertainment..." Ben smirks before turning and leaving Jeffrey's office with a stunned Jeffrey behind. "Honey, let's go and have some lunch." Ben calls for his wife. Will just watches the couple's encounter as they leave. Jeffrey slowly walks out of his office, running a hand through his hair.

"Are you okay, Mr. Morgan?" Will asks.

"I don't want to talk about it..." He simply says before walking back up to his room. 

"Something isn't right about that Diamond guy..." Will whispers to himself as he is left alone.

~

A/N

Only a mention of Robert in this one and I apologize. I am still trying to slowly reveal all the characters and what they do and their pasts and their relationships before the O/C comes in. (I honestly don't have a name for her yet, whoops) Anyways, will Jeffrey give Ben the money to appease him? Or will he let Ben take Robert away? Will is starting to get suspicious, is it for nothing or is he on to something? Sorry these chapters aren't long and the next chapter should be up soon. Thanks guys!