Chapter Fourteen

That evening, Patrick was prepping the club area for the crowd. He nearly dropped a glass he was cleaning when Robert walked in and smacked his hand on the counter in front of him. "What the fuck? I almost dropped this glass!" Patrick scolds.

"You told her!?" Robert whisper-yells in Patrick's face.

"What?" Patrick asks, confused on where this is coming from.

"Don't play dumb with me, Dempsey. You were yelling at me not to tell Jeffrey and you go off and tell her!" 

"How the fuck do you even know?! Were you spying on us?" 

"Don't you dare spin this on me, you are such a hypocrite..." 

"Oh yeah? At least I didn't fuck the love of your life!" Patrick angrily puts the glass down and steps out from behind the bar to face Robert. 

"Don't try to intimidate me, I know you're like an inch or two taller than me but I could kick your ass..." Robert threatens.

"Oh really? We both know you're all talk..."

"Wanna find out?" Robert challenges and Patrick smirks.

"What the fuck do you think you two are doing!?" Jeffrey interrupts as Robert was about to make his first swing.

"Oh good, a second opinion. Jeffrey, you know I would kick Dempsey's ass here, right?" 

"He wishes..." Patrick scoffs.

"I'm not here for a second opinion on your ego levels, I'm here to tell you both you need to act like adults when you are here. This is an establishment, mine in fact. Respect it." 

"That means employees should also respect each other, correct?" 

"Yes, but you both are failing in that category. So, tell me what is going on or I talk to security and both of you are escorted out of here until you can get along. Your pick." Jeffrey explains.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?"

"Oh, immediately call security? Okay." Jeffrey says, walking towards the bar phone.

"Wait!" Jeffrey stops and crosses his arms. "Is this really necessary?" 

"Does it look like I'm doing this for shits and giggles?" Jeffrey asks sarcastically.

"Fine. I fucked the love of his life. The night before he was gonna propose, except, I had no clue she was taken. Yet, he still blames me for the whole thing..." Robert rolls his eyes.

"You fucked her after just meeting her! You couldn't keep it in your goddamned pants! So yes, I blame you!"

"That's it?" Jeffrey asks and both men snap their heads toward him.

"He told Susan about it. After he screamed at me for wanting to tell you. We both have known you for at least two years, but Susan has only been in Miami for a little over a week! Yet he goes off and tells her all about our super secret conflict! What a hypocrite!" 

"Hypocrite is better than life wrecker!" 

"Fuck you!" Robert yells, throwing a punch towards Patrick. 

"HEY! Both of you need to calm the fuck down! It's over!" Jeffrey yells, keeping Robert away from Patrick.

"Why can't you just let me kick his ass to let off some steam? That'll make me forgive him." Patrick says smirking after dodging Robert's punch. 

"No fighting. I get it Patrick, you really like Susan and you trust her, but to tell her that vital information so soon?" 

"She can't replace Beth, I hope you know that." Robert says.

"Beth turned out to be a backstabbing bitch to me. Susan wouldn't back stab me."

"How would you know that? Just ask our boss here, she did something quite surprising to him..." Robert says and both Patrick's and Jeffrey's eyes widen.

"You know about that!?" 

"Wait, what happened?" Patrick asks, severely confused.

"Jeffrey was questioned by Susan yesterday about an investigation. I bet you didn't know she lied to you about her job, huh?" 

"You piece of shit! I never asked details about her job, so she never lied!" 

"You would think you would want to get to know her if you trust her so much..." 

"Oh yeah? Like you know her so well..." Patrick rolls his eyes.

"Oh I know her better than you. We even almost kissed..." Robert taunts.

"Ahem..." Suddenly a small voice says and all three men look over. Susan was standing there, a shocked expression on her face.

"Susan?" Patrick asks.

"Is this about what Patrick told me?" 

"Yeah, they were about to fight." Jeffrey answers.

"Wow, Robert. You stoop pretty low to mention we almost kissed to the guy whose life you ruined. Except we never did, so what does that say?" Susan says bitterly.

"Susan..." Robert starts to say.

"I don't want to hear it. I know you're a playboy, so don't expect to have a chance with me because I already know your intentions." Robert just stands there, not knowing how to respond. "Wait, how did you even find out Patrick told me?" 

"I...Uh..." 

"He spied on us." Patrick says.

"I'm going to try and find Will..." Susan says whilst shaking her head and walking out.

"Well, it looks like none of us have a chance with her now..." Jeffrey says.

"She doesn't like you, she never did." Patrick scoffs and walks away.

"That's not true, seems like Will has her interest..." Robert mentions. 

"I wonder why." Jeffrey says.

~

"I'm here for Mr. Diamond, please." Will says to a guy at the gate in front of the Diamond Mansion. 

"Like I'm gonna let you in with no information..." The guy scoffs.

"I work at the Miracle Hotel, I really need to see Mr. Diamond." Will tries to convince the guy.

"Alright, I'll see if he is interested in seeing you. What's your name?"

"Will Arnett." The guy nods and starts walking towards the mansion. He comes back five minutes later and lets Will in. "Thank you." 

"His office is right through here." The guy points and Will knocks on the door before walking in.

"Ah, I remember you now, Will." Ben stands up and shakes Will's hand. "Have a seat." Will sits down in front of Ben's desk. "What are you here for?" 

"I wanna quit being a bellhop and work for someone who seems to know what they are doing. I'd like to work for you if you have an available position." 

~

A/N

Cliffhanger!!!! Now Jeffrey knows the not-so-secret anymore! Why would Will work for Ben!? Did Susan lose all interest in Robert and Patrick? Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, school has started again so I won't be posting as much, but I will try my best! I hope you all liked this chapter, next chapter up soon (hopefully), thanks guys!