12

"Mierda!" I cursed in spanish. "Ella puede entendernos!" (She can understand us!)

"¿Qué vamos a hacer ahora?" Celestiana asked. (What are we going to do now?)

"Puedo entender español." Christine stated. (I can understand spanish)

"Oh mon Dieu! J'espère que personne d'autre ne comprend le français!" Celestiana exclaimed. (Oh my goodness! I hope no one else understands french!)

"Si quelqu'un nous comprend, parlez-nous s'il vous plaît," I said. (If anyone understands us, please speak up)

Thankfully, no one spoke.

"What's going on?" Claire asked.

"I don't understand anything!" Harriet exclaimed.

"¡No se lo digas a nadie!" I told Christine and she nodded. (Don't tell anyone!)

"Non dirlo a nessuno!" Celestiana told Julianne to which she nodded. (Don't tell anyone!)

"Can somebody explain?" Harriet asked and looked at the four of us.

Celestiana and I looked at each other. I nodded to tell her that we should tell them.

"What common language do all of you know that isn't english and finnish?" I asked.

"Latin?" Claire asked.

I shook my head along with Julianne and Christine.

"Korean?" Harriet asked.

I shook my head with Celestiana, Christine, Julianne, and Claire.

"Japanese? Chinese?" Julianne asked.

We shook our heads except for Claire.

"Filipino?" Christine suggested.

No one shook their heads.

"Okay, filipino it is." I decided.

"Why does it even have to be in another language?" Harriet asked.

"Because it's a palace secret." Celestiana answered.

"Nanatili ako sa palasyo nang isang linggo bago nangyari ang pagpili. Inanyayahan ako dito sapagkat dapat kong pakasalan si William." I explained. (I stayed in the palace for one week before the Selection happened. I was invited because I was supposed to marry William)

All of them were shocked because of the revelation.

"Kung gayon bakit ka kasama sa pagpili?" Harriet asked. (Then why are you included in the selection?)

"Sabi ng reyna, ayaw ng mga mamamayan na ang i-kasal sa ating prinsipe ay mula sa ibang bansa. Kaya, pinagpalit kami ni Haidee at ako na ang magpapakasal kay William." Celstiana explained. (The Queen said that the people don't want a girl from another country to marry the prince. So, Haidee and I switched places and I will be the one to marry William)

They nodded their heads in understanding.

"Bawal itong ipagkalat!" I told them. (You shouldn't spread this!)

"We won't. Thanks for telling us the truth." Claire said with a smile.

I smiled, "Sure. It's quite nice to finally spill the beans to someone."

Someone knocked on the door and Julianne went to answer it. The maids entered holding the trays of our food.

"Thank you!" We all said to the maids before they left.

"Let's eat now, shall we?" Celestiana asked and we all nodded.

We ate and hung out like we were the best of friends. I felt happy because Celestiana finally found othe friends. Also because some of the weight on my shoulders were lifted off once we confessed to them. Althought it wasn't everything, it still made me happy.