24

"Good evening, Illèa!" Sebastian greeted, "Here we are at the most awaited part of the evening, The Selection updates!"

We smiled brightly at the cameras. Elena was taking deep breaths, seemingly nervous. I took her hand and squeezed it reassuringly and she squeezed it back. In front of me were Gayle, Carmel, Irene, Isabella, Clover and Leigh. I'm not even surprised they took those seats. In the second row was me, Louise, Elena, Daphne, Catherine, and Diana. Behind me were Claire, Julianne, Mary, Harriet, Christine, and Bloom.

We were getting smaller and smaller in numbers.

"Prince Thornton! How do you feel tonight?" Sebastian asked.

He smiled, "Spectacular, Sebastian. I can't wait to hear their answers on the interview today."

I felt anxious at his answer. What did they do?

Sebastian returned the smile, "So do I, your highness."

Tony smirked but only I recognized it as that. Oh goodness, I have a bad feeling about this.

"Let's start the interview now!" Sebastian declared, "Let's have it alphabetically arranged so it would be fun. First up is Lady Elena Avalore of Zuni!"

I smiled at Elena as she took a deep breath before walking to the middle where Sebastian was waiting with a chair on his side. She sat down on the spare chair and smiled.

"Good evening, Sebastian." She greeted.

He nodded, "Good evening to you too, Lady Elena. So, tell me, how's the selection going?"

She smiled, "Alright. I mean, the girls are still nice, the prince is nice, the palace is nice." She shrugged with a smile, "Everything's nice."

Sebastian chuckled, "Well then, how many dates have you gone on with the prince?"

Elena's cheeks flushed, "Three."

"Have you kissed?"

I gasped a little. Why would they ask that? Then I remembered our kiss. The kiss where he thought I was asleep. I blushed slightly at that thought.

Elena turned redder, "No, we haven't."

He pouted, "Why not?"

"I don't know."

"Anyway, let's move to the juicy stuff." He said, "Are there really fights happening with the selected?"

I was stunned but I didn't let it show.

Elena nodded, "There have been fights, 2 to be exact."

"So there really was a fight. If I'm not wrong, the first fight included former Lady Beatrice and Lady Haidee."

Elena nodded, "It was horrible."

"Do you know the rumors spreading about Lady Haidee being a fake?"

Elena looked shocked and she glanced at me before shaking her head. I didn't meet her gaze.

"Fake? Why would she be fake?" She asked.

He shrugged, "It was in the article."

"I don't know what's stated in that article but I can certainly say that she isn't fake, Sebastian."

"Tell me, Lady Elena. Who started the fight?"

"Beatrice."

Sebastian smiled, "Let's ask the other Selected. Thank you for your time, Lady Elena."

Elena curtsied before coming back to her seat beside me, "What was the article about?"

I shook my head, "I don't want to talk about it."