30

Christmas was approaching and the Elite were to return to their homes to celebrate it. When we come back, there's a ball that's waiting for us that Claire arranged.

I leave later at the afternoon. It was hard for the other girls to leave since we became attached to the palace. But I lived close by, I can come to the palace whenever I miss it.

I was looking through my closet to figure out what to bring to my house. I settled on bringing a few coats that fit inside my backpack.

"How long are you leaving for again?" Georgia asked.

"Until Christmas Eve. I'm coming back in the afternoon of Christmas." I informed.

"I'm going to miss you!" Hannah exclaimed and ran to to hug me.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around her, "I'll miss you too."

"I hope we can come with you," Vivianne said with a pout.

"I live close by!" I exclaimed, "You can come visit me when you want to."

"We can?" Hannah said with joy in her eyes.

I nodded, "Of course."

"I doubt they'll let us," Georgia stated.

Hannah pouted, "Why wouldn't they?"

Georgia shrugged, "They've increased security."

Rebels, I thought.

Vivianne groaned, "I wish we could go outside."

I smiled sadly, "I'm sure it's for your safety."

Georgia nodded, "I know. Now, off you go to lunch. We'll take care of it here."

I smiled, "Thank you."

They smiled at me before I left to the dining hall. Christine and Bloom already left last night since they were the farthest from here. Julianne, Claire and Harriet left this morning being in Carolina, Clermont, and Bonita.

Only Diana, Louise, Mary, and I were left. The four of us, being the closest, leave this afternoon.

I greet the royals that I pass by on my way to my seat. I was quite lonely since my friends left but I was glad for Mary's company.

Mom and Tony weren't here. They've been locked inside the office for days. It's not that I missed himㅡmaybe I didㅡbut I knew that they were gone because of the rebels. I was amazed that the news hasn't been spread yet.

None of the Elite had a date with him after Louise. They thought it was simply him doing his princely duties. They never would have thought it was a big problem.

I haven't heard any updates about the rebels and I don't know what they're doing. Were they killing people? Were they destroying buildings?

"Haidee," Mary called.

I turned to her, "Yes?"

"I'm going to miss you," She said with a smile.

I returned the smile, "I'm going to miss you too."

"I can't believe I'm going away for a week," She stated, "I can't even believe we stayed here for 4 months."

"I can't believe it too," I said. "You live in Sonage, right?"

She nodded, "Yup."

I smiled, "Sonage is really close to Angeles. Maybe we can meet up?"

She beamed, "You're right! Let's write letters to each other, okay? My address is,"