10

I woke up the next day when the light entered my room. Vivianne was opening the curtains, Hannah was in the bathroom, and Georgia was looking through my closet. In short, I woke up normally.

It's been 5 days since I last saw Tony alone. I'd see him on breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but that was it. He stopped taking me on dates and he doesn't even come to my room secretly. I'm not complaining, but he spends time with the other girls more.

I've been with him more than the other girls and this must only be fair. But what can I do? I'm just being honest here.

After I was dressed up, I went to the Women's room as usual but I didn't see my friends anywhere. So I sat down on a couch where no one was sitting, got a magazine, and waited for my friends.

I was reading an article about the Selection and there was poll there.

Who do you think will win the Selection?

1) Beatrice Rowell, Ottaro
2) Claire Venice, Bonita
3) Bloom Parker, Labrador
4) Gayle Sawyer, Kent
5) Iole Eudora, Angeles
6) Harmonia Fawn, Belcourt
7) Carmel Green, Sota
8) Julianne Evans, Clermont
9) Ashley Potter, Hundson
10) Aisha Stanford, Atlin
11) Natalie Porter, Dominica
12) Irene Harp, Waverly
13) Catherine Grover, Denbeigh
14) Elena Avalore, Zuni
15) Margarette Weasley, Baffin
16) Violet Francisco, Midston
17) Harriet Wilsons, Carolina
18) Diamond Brown, Whites
19) Lucy Smith, St. George
20) Louise Martinez, Likely
21) Leigh Spar, Sumner
22) Diana Carps, Paloma
23) Dianne Dane, Hansport
24) Mary Harrington, Sonage
25) Clover Fray, Bankston
26) Jane Prude, Yukon
27) Christine Ramirez, Lakedon
28) Mae Jackson, Honduragua
29) Isabella Nelson, Dakota
30) Daphne Granger, Panama

I was fifth? Fifth. Oh my goodness. I AM FIFTH!

This made me ecstatic along with the fact that Claire was second. A smile was visibly on my face.

"Hey, Haidee. What are you looking at?" Jane asked.

I showed her the article, "It's a ranking they did of us selected."

She grabbed the magazine and searched for her name and had a sad smile, "I guess nobody wants me to win. I'm in 26th for goodness' sake!" She plopped down beside me.

"Don't say that, Jane. They don't know what happens inside the palace. They never know, you might be queen." I told her and wiggled my eyebrows.

She laughed, "Stop that! I know I'm not going to be queen but it won't hurt to try."

I smiled, "That's the spirit."

"There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere." Mae said and pointed to Jane.

Jane raised her arms up, "What? I was just right here."

"Oh, hi Haidee!" Mae greeted me with a wave.

I smiled and waved back. She sat down on the couch in front of us.

"So I need to spill the story to someone. Would it be okay?" Mae asked.