16

After our little performance, it was time for dancing. I decided to just rest on our table.

I was so exhausted. I went on stage for four times.

"That was so awesome, Haidee!" Claire exclaimed.

"That was a great idea to make Celestiana and Prince William sing the ending!" Julianne complimented.

I smiled, "It wasn't my idea though."

"Let's go dance!" Christine suggested.

"Let's go!" Harriet agreed.

The four of them rose from their seats but I stayed down.

"I'll pass." I told them.

"What? Why?" Claire asked.

"I'm tired. I'll rest for a while and I'll come join you when I have the energy to." I promised. "Now, go dance with the Prince!"

They giggled and went to the dance floor. I sipped the remaining juice on my glass since I didn't want to drink any alcohol. I watched The girls as they danced with Tony.

Julianne was the first one to dance with Tony if you exclude me and Claire. I could tell that she was startled at first but she agreed anyway.

Gayle danced with him next. I could observe that he was making small talk with everyone he dances with. He danced with Bloom next, then, Christine.

I chuckled when I noticed that he was tired dancing with the girls. He danced about 20 girls. He hasn't danced with Claire, Irene, Daphne, and me.

He sat down on his chair with his family to rest. I rose from my seat, deciding to dance.

"May I have the honor of dancing with you?"

I turned to look at him and smiled, "Of course, kind sir."

He led me to the center as we danced. He was quite good at dancing.

"I noticed that you performed a lot of times today, miss." He stated as he twirled me.

I laughed, "Yes, I did. It was quite tiring if you ask me."

He smiled, "I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Francisco."

My eyes widened, "Francisco? You mean the brother of Celestiana?"

He raised his eyebrow, "I beg your pardon but how do you know?"

I blushed in embarrassment, "Oh, um. Somebody mentioned it to me."

I could tell he still has questions but he shrugged it off and just enjoyed dancing with me until the song ended.

He kissed my hand when we finished, "Thank you for that wonderful dance, Ladyㅡ?"

I smiled, "Haidee, and please. Don't call me with such formalities. I'm no lady."

"It was nice meeting you. Until our paths cross once again." He said and left.

I was about to leave the dance floor but a random guy offered a dance. He was a businessman. I had no doubt that he dances with every Selected and tried to get close to each one to hopefully have connections from the future queen. Despite the thought, I still danced with him as courtesy.

A few gentlemen also danced with me because of two reasonsㅡEither being the future queen or just because they recognized me as the one who sang. I danced for six consecutive times before I decided to go back and rest for a while.

I saw my friends resting. I sat down on my place.

"Oh! Haidee! You're finally here! Come on girls." Claire chirped and rose from her seat and the three girls followed her, leaving me with no choice but to follow.