34

The ride to the palace was silent and it didn't provide me any comfort. My heartbeat thundered all around and I'm pretty sure the driver heard it.

I was nervous. Nervous for what? I don't know. I just know that I am.

As we passed the streets with new houses, some people wave goodbye to me. I appreciate their support but I didn't roll the window down to wave back.

I was wearing jeans and a tshirt under a gray sweatshirt. I clutched my bag to keep my hands from tapping my legs due to anxiousness.

I've been really nervous about going to the palace since I had that dream.

"Rebels!" A guard yelled.

People screamed all around. The guests were running to safety. Some got frozen in place and got pushed around by the fleeing guests.

I stared at the lifeless body in front of me. Her blue gown was now blood red. The tears fell uncontrollably.

I kneeled down infront of her and tried to shake her awake, "Mom! Please. Wake up!"

I cried as I kept shaking her. The guests paid me no mind. Then, another body fell. More tears fell.

"Dad!" I yelled, "No! Please wake up!"

Then, I felt a tug on my arm. I looked back to see him with tears as he pulled me away.

"No! Let me go!" I yelled, "Tony, please. Let's get them."

He shook his head and more tears fell down, "We have to get to safety." He said and his voice breaking.

I didn't know who died. All that I know is that the rebels killed them. I've been getting all these dreams and I don't know if they will happen. I hope they don't.

I willed myself to focus on the merry air around the palace.

Nothing's going to happen.

"We're here, Lady Haidee." The driver said.

A guard opened my door and I'm met by the gentle breeze that hugged me. I stepped outside the limo and welcomed the embrace.

"Haidee!"

I looked at the source of the voice and saw Claire with the brightest smile running towards me. I smiled at the sight. Behind her, Celestiana also came running with Mary and Julianne.

They all choked me in a hug. I laughed as I hugged them back.

"You're late!" Claire exclaimed.

"No, I'm not." I said as we broke out of the hug, "You just came early."

"Everyone else arrived in the morning, you know." Celestiana stated.

I smiled, "But I live near here. I can come here anytime I want."

Julianne took my arm and started pulling me inside, "Hurry up! We'll prepare for the ball together."

Mary took my other arm as Claire took my bag. Celestiana pushed me from the back.

We arrived in my room and as I opened the door, I'm squished by two bodies.

"Harriet! Christine!" I exclaimed as I hugged them back.

"You're finally back!" Harriet said.

I smiled, "Yes, I am."

When we broke out of the hug, I saw my maids watching us. I smiled and opened my arms. They came running to hug me.