17

True to Tony's words, Ashley was nowhere to be found the next day. I never knew what she did or say that made Tony dislike her, but it's not like I care or anything. We weren't close but hopefully after this Selection, we will be.

We were down to 23.

Madame Lourdes was giving us a history lesson on how Illèa came to be. I couldn't care less. It's not like I'll actually need it in real life.

Julianne, however, thought differently. She kept on answering the questions that Madame Lourdes was asking. Claire was also participating along with Gayle.

Carmel was trying as was Isabella and Irene.

I didn't even make the effort to listen. I've already memorized the whole history of Illèa and Italy. That was only because Celestiana was very intelligent. I was forced to do it.

"Ladies, I will give out tests to know how much you've learned today. Lady Mary, please pass these papers around." Madame said accompanied with a lot of groans.

Mary gave me a test paper and I did a once over at it before answering.

"Hey, what was the war before the American war again?" Harriet asked beside me.

I shrugged. I'm not a fan of cheating. Although I felt a little bad for not helping a friend in need.

I quickly finished the test and passed it to our instructor. She examined it thoroughly. She raised her eyebrow a couple of times before saying, "Excellent, Lady Haidee. I noticed you weren't paying attention so I thought you'd get a low score, but you got it perfectly. I'm proud of you."

I smiled at her and curtsied before taking a seat.

"You got a perfect score?" Harriet whispered and I nodded.

She groaned and continued andwering. After a few minutes, everyone passed their tests and Christine and Harriet got low scores.

"Tutor us, Oh great and powerful future queen Haidee!" Harriet pleaded dramatically and even knelt down.

I laughed and pulled her up, "Oh I will, but please, don't call me that."

She laughed.

"Oh great and powerful future queen Haidee, can I steal your time?"

I looked behind me and saw Tony with a teasing smile. I glared at Harriet and she just laughed.

"Bye, Haidee!" Claire waved and pulled Julianne and Christine whole Harriet was following them.

Tony laughed, "Follow me, Oh great and powerful future queen Haidee."

I rolled my eyes but put my hand on his arm and followed him to wherever he was taking me.

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked.

He smiled, "You'll see."

I didn't reply at that and just observed where we were going. We went to a room that was near the mini ballroom. Inside was a small circular stage and Celestiana stood in the center wearing a beautiful wedding gown. I stood there, mouth agape, in awe of my beautiful friend.

"Oh my god, Celestiana!" I exclaimed, "You're so beautiful!"

She looked at me and smiled, "Glad to see you finally here. Thanks for bringing her here, Zeke. William's waiting for you next door."

Tiny smiled and squeezed my hand before he left. I approached her and fawned over her dress, "William would be drooling when he sees you in this gown!"

She laughed, "I hope so but I'd prefer him to just cry."

"So why am I here? It's not like I don't want to see you in your gown but this is a really great privelege and I doubt you'd send me here just to see you."