18

I forced myself to sleep that night despite my horrendous heart beat. I was dressed in a white day dress that had laced sleeves that reached my elbow. Light blue designs decorated the skirt.

I chose to wear white today as if to say 'I'm innocent and I don't know what you did to me last night'.

My hair was left down and just curled at the ends. My maids put a little make-up on me like always.

I took a deep breath as I faced the doors to the Dining Hall.

You can do this, Haidee. It's not like he knows that you were awake.

I motioned for the guards to open the doors and I walked to my seat gracefully after a curtsy to the royals. I glanced a little at Tony and saw his face a little red.

Trying to look innocent, I caught his eye and asked him, 'Are you okay?'

He looked back at me reassuringly, "Of course'.

Some of the other Selected entered and when we were complete, we started eating.

Two more seats were empty, Jane's and Mae's. The rumors were true. 19 were left, which means the announcement of the Elite were coming closer.

Although I knew who were in the Elite, I still felt nervous. What if something happens and he decided to eliminate me?

No. I'm staying.

We ate silently. Not even Tony broke the silence, and he does that often. I was glad when Celestiana spoke, the silence was making me deaf.

"Lady Haidee, kindly come to my room this morning. We have matters to discuss, matters that was supposed to be discussed yesterday." She stated and glared at Tony.

I chuckled lightly, "Of course, Princess Celestiana."

Some of the girls were glaring at me once again. Who wouldn't hate the girl who was close to the royal family?

I ignored them and continued eating my food.

"Lady Daphne, would it be okay if take some of your time today?" Tony asked to which she beamed at.

"Gladly, your highness."

If I didn't have the least bit of manners, I would've glared at her, but of course, I didn't.

"Zeke, I'll be needing you this afternoon. Make sure to keep your schedule empty." William said and I sighed in relief.

The worst I could handle was him taking another girl out despite kissing me last night.

What if I wasn't the first girl he kissed?

"Sure." Tony responded.

"Ladies, you will have an assignment given this afternoon by Lourdes. I made her arrange it, so make sure you do it nicely." The Queen stated and we all noddedㅡwell except for Carmel.

"Of course, Your majesty. We'll be doing our best." She stated with a smile, clearly trying to get on the Queen's good side.

That was awfully wrong. I wouldn't blame it on her though, she didn't know the Queen as much as I do. The Queen doesn't like people acting like they were close to her, but she politely nodded.

I saw William discreetly shake his head.

We ate the rest of the meal in silence. With 16 girls gone, it went totally silentㅡwell, not that much.

I finished my meal and decided to leave early.

Celestiana and I rose from our seats at the same time and curtsied, saying, "Excuse me."