13

In breakfast, there were visibly a lot of chairs empty. 10 to be exact. We were now down to 25. Because of the empty chairs, we had a little rearrangement.

The royal family still sat at their places. My old place was now taken by Gayle and beside her was Carmel, Isabella and Irene. They all glared at me as I walked inside the hall with Tony.

Tony took his seat beside William and I sat at the end of the table opposite from Tony and away from Gayle and the others.

In front of me sat Julianne and on either side of her was Claire and Harriet. Beside Harriet sat Christine, Margarette, Elena, Aisha, Diana, Clover, Jane, Dianne, Mae, Bloom and William. Beside me was Mary, Lucy, Louise, Leigh, Daphne, Catherine, Ashley, Irene, Isabella, Carmel, Gayle and Celestiana.

I ate quietly and eavesdropped on some of the Selected's conversations. Beside me, Mary and Lucy were talking about their dates with the Prince.

I felt a kick at my legs so I looked at the person across from meㅡwhich is Julianneㅡand looked at her with asking eyes.

'Let's talk later' She mouthed and I nodded.

"Ladies, since Lady Haidee's team are out, my date for today will be with Lady Mary in the morning and Lady Louise in the afternoon." Tony informed.

Beside me, Mary squealed and whispered to Lucy, "Oh my god! I'm getting the first date!"

Lucy rolled her eyes, "Technically, you didn't. Haidee got the first date."

Mary sighed, "I know that. Don't crush my joy."

"Tomorrow, Lady Christine is first and Lady Julianne in the early afternoon. Lady Harriet will be the last one." Tony continued. "Lady Haidee and Lady Claire, have you thought about your wishes?" He asked.

Claire and I looked at each other as if to say 'Have you?'

"I haven't, Prince Thornton." Claire answered.

"Me neither, Your highness." I replied.

He nodded, "Take your time, but not forever if possible."

Some laughed but I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, Zeke. I promise it won't." Claire said and laughed.

Everyone paused and looked at her, so did I. She called him Zeke.
Claire gasped and covered her mouth, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

Tony smiled, "It's okay. No harm done."

Claire smiled, "So will I be allowed to call you that in public?"

He smiled and nodded. Claire ate happily after that. My heart throbbed. I haven't tried calling him Tony in public. Should I try? But if I do everyone would call me a jealous attention seeker. I decided against it with a sigh.

"Lady Gayle, can I take your time on the day after the party?" Tony asked.

Gayle smiled victoriously, probably thinking 'Finally! He's taking me out on a date!',"Of course, Your highness."

"Excellent." Tony stated. "Lady Aisha, can I come into your room after lunch?"

Aisha smiled, "You don't need to ask." She said and winked, "Come in any time you want."

Tony smiled fakely, "Sure." His face almost seemed disgusted.

I shook my head slowly. By now, the girls should know that if he asks to come by your room then that means you're going home. Except, of course, for me. If he takes me on a date he'd always come to my room to escort me wherever we'd go.