25

Now that I think of it, Tony and I had just one real date. The one at the rooftop. It would have been embarrassing to say that to the world.

Madame Lourdes was giving us a lesson about hosting. Even if I already knew this, I still listened so I could gain more information for the party we were hosting on the first of december.

Speaking of that party, we were done with planning. We also decided to wear similar light blue gowns to look accomodating. We agreed not to wear any extravagant jewelry to seem humble.

When the lesson was done, I went back to my room, only to find an envelope sitting on my bed. I smiled at the familiar hand writing and opened it. I grabbed the letter inside in a hurry, excited to recieve a letter.

Dear Haidee,

You haven't been writing to us, I'm hurt. I'll just assume that Zeke's been treating you well since you haven't come home yet, but really, tell me if he does something funny and the four of us and dad will be storming inside the palace to kill that boy. I'm sure the queen and prince consort will understand. Vince has been complaining that you aren't there to cook for him. He misses your cooking and so do I. Xavier is courting that girl next door, Cory? I forgot her name. Atlas has been busy with med school but he still comes home. Dad is still working hard even with the compensation the palace is giving. Mom is also working. There's been a lot of customers lately, and I think it's because you're one of the Selected. I've been working with Dad but the girls around the village still chase after me now that you aren't around. How I wish you were still here to chase those girls off. We miss you Haidee. Come visit some time. We love you.

Your favorite brother,
Austin

I smiled. I could almost hear his voice when I read this. I scrambled to get some pen and paper to start writing.

Dear Austin,

Sorry I haven't been writing to you. I've been busy. The palace is treating me well and since when did you call him Zeke? Tell Vince that I'll cook for him when I get home. And it's not Cory, Austin. It's Corianne. Tell Xavier that he's too young but also tell him to take care of the girl, she's very sweet. Tell him that if he made her cry I'll kill him. If you see Atlas tell him to rest, it wouldn't kill him to sleep. Tell mom and dad that they don't need to work hard. They should also rest. Besides, you can handle it right?

As for those girls . . . give them a chance. I just realized that if I keep driving them away, you might not have a wife and children. And I want kids to call me aunt. You never know, one of those girls would be the love of your life but please not Zaira. She's awful. Try Ariana, she's nice.

I also miss you guys. Tell the others too. I love you guys! If I could, I'd drag all of you here.

Your favorite sister,
Haidee

I folded the paper neatly and placed it in an envelope. I told the guard stationed outside my door to send it and of course, he obliged.

I dropped to my bed, staring at the ceiling of my room. Madame Lourdes told us that lunch would be delivered to our rooms. I didn't know what to do until then.

My friends were also in their rooms. As far as I know, no one had a scheduled date today so everyone would be at their rooms.

Ever since the Report, Gayle and her gang kept giving me dirty looks as if I've been lying. I ignored them but Claire didn't. She returned their glares and seriously, if it weren't for me, Julianne, and Christine restraining her, she would have been sent home for violating the rules.

No one has been eliminated since Margarette and I'm not complaining. I've been close to a few of them, including Mary, Elena, and Louise.

I really didn't know why Mary or Elena weren't included in his top ten instead Gayle and Carmel. I didn't know what he sees in them. If I had to guess, Gayle is here because she'd be a fine ruler but Carmel?