Chapter 1

(Belle's P.O.V)

"Mom, can i get a new name?" I rested my worn out head on my mother's legs and the rest of my body on the fresh green grass. My mother twisted locks of my hair around her fingers and played with it. I picked up some blades of grass and fiddled with them. My mother's legs shaked a little, when she laughed, after hearing my question.

"No, you cannot, Belle. You have a special name. Do you know what it means?" She asked me and i stared deeply into her tired ocean-blue eyes, showing her that i didn't know the meaning of my name.

" 'Belle' is a french name. It means 'beautiful', and it suits you perfectly." She said and stroke my cheek. I gave her a big smile. I sat up and took a look at my surroundings. My mother and i were sitting on a huge meadow in the middle of nowhere. We had a good look from here and that made us prepared for anything. Although we were alone, we had to be prepared. We started as a whole family and friends, of course. But when the virus hit some of our members, we had to move on. Travel as far away as possible. I lost my little brother last week. He was the only one left besides my mother and i. But then we got into a fight with a lot of cranks and then we were only two left. My brother were only five years old and a real fighter. My mother keeps telling me to move on, but how is that even possible?

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted, when my mother started coughing.

"Mother?" I looked at her in horror. My mother stood up and took her bags with her.

"Come on, Belle. We have to go." She said and started to walk, so i rushed with my bags. They were heavy and my only 13 years old body weren't that strong yet. My mother were a few steps ahead of me, when i saw her fumbling with the scarf around her neck, as if she was hiding something from me.

If i weren't that naive, i would've figured it out sooner, and maybe i could've done something.

Author's note:

First chapter in book number two, yay! It's a bit short, but hey, it's the beginning, it has to be short.. I guess. 

Byeeee.