Chapter 21

(Thomas' POV)

"Thomas.." I heard Chuck say from beside me. I turned to look at him and noticed the red growing spot on his chest.

"Chuck!" Chuck started to fall and i grabbed him, but fell down with him. He struggled to breath and mumbled a little.

"Look at me! Look at me!" I shouted and covered Chuck's gunshot wound with my hand, trying to stop the bleeding. Chuck looked at me and grabbed my shoulder, and with his other hand, he handed me the little man out of wood, which he had made for his parents.

"No, no Chuck, you're gonna give it to them yourself. Remember i told you that.."

"Take it.." He almost whispered and i knew he strained to say it. He took my hand and squeezed it around the woodenman.

"Thank you...Thank you.." He said and now squeezed my hand. His grasp got looser and looser until he didn't squeeze it anymore. He stopped moving and mumbling things, and layed completely still.

"Chuck?! Chuck! Hey! Hey, Chuck, come on! Wake up!" I cried out and shook him, but he still didn't respond.

"Chuck.." I rested my head on his chest and cried. Someone grabbed me in the arm and tried to drag me up in a standing position.

"Thomas, we have to go!" I heard Newt's voice and recognized his grip around my arm.

"They're coming!" Aris yelled and the boys dragged me up.

"We can't leave him here!" I yelled and tried to break loose from their grip.

"We have to go now or else we're going to die too, and Chuck wouldn't want that!" Newt shouted and it was true. Chuck wanted us to survive this. He wanted us to save the humanity. And i made him a promise. I stood up and we ran towards the gigantic door, that kept us from being completely out of here. I knew exactly what to do and made the door open. It was night outside and the sandy landscape looked deserted. We ran out there and kept running, until we found a hiding spot inside a huge wrecked building, that were half under the sand and half over it. We could hear W.I.C.K.E.D's motorcycles and yelling people, who were looking for us, but thankfully without luck.