Chapter 26

- Time skips a long time further in the story when Thomas, Minho and Newt is in the lightning storm a few kilometres away from Brenda and Jorge. Winston shot himself after being scratched by cranks and the leftover Gladers have walked for a few days now. -

(Thomas' POV)

"Run, run, run!" I commanded as lightnings started to struck the ground. We all began to run, and i know we ran as fast as we all could, towards the building i noticed earlier.

"Keep moving, come on!" The lightnings hit the ground closer and closer to us each time. We ran past wrecked cars and small parts from buildings. Minho and i ended up running behind everyone. Suddenly a lightning struck down right beside Minho and i. We both fell on the ground. At first i couldn't hear anything because of the explosion, but after a few seconds, i could hear again. I stood up and saw Minho lying completely still on the dry ground. His clothes was smoking, when the others and i ran over to him. We pulled him up and dragged him towards the building, while we kept running. We got inside the dark building just in time before a lightning hit the door Frypan closed. It was hard to see anything, but the lightning storm outside gave us a little light, enough to notice a table, where we put Minho.

"Minho! Minho!" We yelled as i shook him. He didn't respond.

"Hey, mate! Come on!" Newt flipped Minho's head from right to left, until he suddenly opened his eyes and coughed a little.

"Wha..What happened?" He asked a little out of control.

"You got hit by a lightning." Frypan answered as he clapped Minho's hand.

"Oh.. Cool." We all laughed as Minho said that. I looked around in the dark room. I suddenly remembered that i had a flashlight. I grabbed it from my bag and turned it on.

"Shit!" I yelled as the flashlight pointed at a crank attached to a wooden pole with chains. It started to scream as the flashlight shined on it. It's scream was suddenly replaced by many other screams. I turned the flashlight to reveal about 30 cranks in the building. They were all chained to the wall or a pole.

"Bloody hell!" Newt yelled from behind me. All the screams from the cranks hurt my ears. They sounded so painful.

"Well, well." I heard a voice say as a door opened a few metres away from us. The light crawled into the building, after the door was opened by a short haired girl. She was about our age, maybe 17?

"I see you've met my guard dogs." She said as she walked towards us. She walked past all the cranks, not bothered by them trying to bite and scratch her.

"Jorge wants to see you. Come on." The girl turned around and walked back as we followed her.

"I'm Brenda, by the way." 

Author's note:

I'm so sorry for not writing everything until now, like when Winston died and all that. I just think this book is confusing, and i just want to end it soon. I hope you can forgive me!

More info about the next book will come soon.

Bye.