Chapter 13

(Belle's POV)

I've decided to cooperate with Ava and her people. Well, not like helping them to sacrifice young people. I just don't want to get in any trouble and i've also made a plan. I have to gather as much information about Newt and the rest of my friends, so i can find them. So we can be reunited. I ain't blaming Ava for betraying me, i blame Vanessa for it. She just sacrificed me. We could have made a deal with Ava or something, but Vanessa just saved her own ass. I still had to get injected everyday with the Bliss, and i had to continue that my whole life, if i wanted to live. I completely ignored Vanessa when she injected me, even though she spoke to me. Sometimes she got mad at me for ignoring her, but i don't care about her anymore. I don't even know her.

"How are you feeling today, Ms. Belle?" Vanessa asked me when she arrived in my room with the Bliss. I don't even know why she keeps asking me those questions, when i never answer her.

"You know i'm gonna keep asking you everyday until you answer." She said and made the syringe ready for me.

"I've been thinking." Vanessa said.

"I miss our friendship." She wetted a cotton pad.

"Do you remember when we first met? When i saved you from those evil bastards.." She cleaned my elbow bend with the wet cotton pad.

"Do you remember how you just stood there? I wonder why.." She said fake smirk on her face. What was she up to?

"Shut up." I said.

"Oh! I remember, you told me something after i rescued you.. What was it now?" She said and stopped doing anything.

"Slim it." She looked at me quickly with confusion, maybe because she didn't know those words. Well, she haven't been in the Maze, so that makes sense.

Vanessa stuck the syringe into my arm, but not exactly where she used to do it. She didn't inject me with the Bliss, she just sat beside me with the syringe inside my arm.

"Something about a brother.. Oh, now i know. You thought all those cranks were your brother!" I was getting pretty angry now. Vanessa took the syringe out of my arm and held it in her hand. It was still filled with the Bliss.

"I would've tried to kill myself too, if i had let my own brother get bitten and scratched several times by cranks and then just left him to turn into a crank." I grabbed the hand she wasn't holding the syringe with. I probed my nails inside her thin skin and she stuck the syringe inside my arm, not even close to my elbow bend. I let go of her immediately.

"Damn it! What are you doing!" I yelled and looked at her.

"Defending myself." Vanessa answered. I tried to grab the syringe carefully, so i could get it out, but then Vanessa took it out all by herself.

"That's not what i meant!" I said. Vanessa stuck the syringe in my elbow bend and injected me with the Bliss, but she still didn't remove the needle. I gave her a despairing look.

"You have to stop asking about Newt!" She suddenly said.

"What?" I didn't understand. Was she jealous or something? Jealous of me loving someone? Jealous of someone loving me? She noticed that i misunderstood it.

"No, it's not like that! I've heard Ava talking with some of her people. They don't trust you. You have to stop asking questions about Newt or they will do something to you!" She said, but i wasn't even a bit convinced, so Vanessa took the syringe out of my arm and started to pack her things.

"I have to find him!" I just said.

"Please, just let them do their job, Belle. Save yourself." She almost begged me.

"Leave! Leave now!" I said and pointed towards the door. She took her stuff and walked towards the door.

"Trust me on this, Belle. That's all i'm asking." I shook my head and she walked out of my room.