Chapter 9

(Belle's POV)

"This is it." Vanessa said and pointed at a high building. It looked like some kind of huge office.

"What is this?" I asked her. Well, i knew it had something to with W.I.C.K.E.D. but they weren't exactly clerks.

"It's W.I.C.K.E.D.'s headquarters. We should be safe in there. I've heard rumours about them trying to find a cure for the Flare.. A woman named Ava Paige works in there." Vanessa looked at me for some kind of response. Instead of saying something to her, i justed started to walk towards the guarded doors.

"Belle!" She whisper/yelled and ran after me. When she noticed that i wouldn't stop, she just followed me.

"Let me at least do the talking." We were stopped by the two guarding guards in front of the doors into the enormous building.

"What are you doing here?" One of the guards asked us. I was just about to say something, when Vanessa gave me an elbow in the side.

"We have a meeting with Dr. Paige." Vanessa sounded like a fully grown woman, even though we both were 15 years old. The two guards looked at each other for a moment, before the other guard took his walkie-talkie and spoke with somebody. When he were done talking, they both moved away from the doors and we walked in.

-Time skips one year-

(Belle's POV)

"Think of it like you are going to save thousands of people." Ava said and looked at Vanessa and i.

"What's gonna happen to us?" I said. My hands were already shaking a little, but i tried to hide it. I'm freaking 16 years old, i can't be scared for nothing my entire life. I'm not a little girl anymore. The one who let her brother die, who lost her entire family and all her friends.

"We can't exactly tell you much, but we'll have to use you as some kind of experiment." She said, not bothering to tell us more.

"What kind of experiment?" I asked Ava and looked at Vanessa. She didn't ask any questions as if she already knew what Ava was talking about. She was just looking down at the floor. I put her hand in mine and squeezed it. Then she suddenly removed her hand from mine and moved a few centimetres away from me. I tried to get eye contact with her, but she never looked up at me, so i gave up. Why the hell was she being so weird?

"I'm proud of you, Belle. You are a brave girl. Sacrificing yourself for your friend." What in the world were that ginger haired woman talking about?

"Take her." Ava commanded and i turned around to see four guards coming towards me.

"What is happening?" I was so confused. I looked from Ava to Vanessa and back to the guards. Two of the guards grabbed my arms and started dragging me. They had a very tight grip around my arms and it started to hurt.

"Let me go!" I yelled and tried to break free. I looked backwards. At Vanessa. She finally looked at me, now with tears in her eyes and on her cheeks.

"Vanessa! Help me!" She just stood there, with Ava's hand on her shoulder.

"Belle, remember; W.I.C.K.E.D. is good." That was the last words i heard from Ava.

"Vanessa!" I kept calling her, but she didn't help me, she didn't do anything. The guards were still dragging me away from Ava and Vanessa. That's when i finally understood the situation. What Ava had said minutes ago wasn't true. I never agreed in sacrificing myself for anyone, Vanessa sacrificed me. She just handed me over to W.I.C.K.E.D.'s sick experiments.

"BETRAYER!" I yelled after Vanessa. She cried like a freaking waterfall now. What a little baby girl, betraying her friend and crying like hell afterwards. I didn't much more, before the guards dragged me out of the room without resistance.

Author's note:

There's like a part 2 to this chapter, and i think i'm gonna post it tomorrow, but it depends on if i'm home tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy/enjoyed this chapter! <3

Byee.