Chapter 8

(Thomas' POV)

"Are we just going to let them hurt us?" I asked my friends, when we were inside our room. No one answered me, they just sat on their beds and fumbled with their fingers or stared on the cold concrete floor.

"Something's not right. We can't trust them." I tried to sound convincing, but i guess it didn't work as planned, based on Newt reaction.

"No, Tommy, you don't know that!" Newt suddenly stood up from his bed and yelled. He looked seriously at me. I was shook, both because Newt doesn't yell so often but also because he has been pretty quiet since we left Annabelle back in the Maze.

"Since we started listening to you, things have going bloody bad! It's your fault that Alby isn't here with us, because he had to protect you, it's gonna be your fault if we get in trouble here, and it is your bloody fault that Anna isn't here! We don't even know what they've done to her! She could be dead because of you!" He yelled and i dropped my jaw. He instantly found out that he overstepped the mark and threw his attention on the floor, before he turned around and walked back to his bed in one of the corners of the room. I couldn't believe he blamed me for losing Annabelle. It was his fault as much as it was mine. Frypan came over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him for a moment, before i shook his hand off and went over to my own bed. Newt was partly right. I have been shucking things up a little since i arrived in the Glade, but Annabelle was the one to practically destroy the harmony in the Glade. I may have messed things up a bit in the Glade, but Newt was the one to fall in love with that girl. He can take credits for his own klunky (Klunk.. With y..) mistakes..

(Minho's POV)

"That was definitely not cool, Shank." I sat down on the bed beside Newt. Newt didn't even bother looking at me.

"I know. I didn't know what happened back there. I just hope that Anna is okay." He said and even though i couldn't see his face, i could tell, he was hurting.

"Hey, she's gonna be just fine. She's a shucking tough Shank." I said and tried to make Newt smile. He looked up at me.

"Yeah, she is." He said. There was the smile i had missed.