Chapter 6

Author's note:

Oml, i'm so incredibly stupid, i can't even keep my own promises, lol. I just had to post next chapter, so here you go. :))

(Newt's POV)

After our tour around in this bloody building, we were leaded to a big room, where a lot of other young people sat around tables. Janson pointed at a free table, so we walked over to it and sat down.

"What is this?" Thomas asked us, but i just shook my shoulders and looked around in the room. The other teenagers were also sitting in groups and whispered to each other. Some of them looked at us, while others pointed fingers at us. Minho suddenly tapped on my shoulder, and when he got my attention he pointed at a table, were a boy was sitting alone. His hair was covered with a hood and he was looking down at the table, minding his own business. Just like i wanted to do. I looked around at my friends; Frypan, the helpful one, Winston, the good one, Chuck, the clumsy one, Thomas, the curious one, Minho, the leader and.. There was a little space left beside Thomas on the bench, as if someone was supposed to sit there.. Annabelle, the lost one.

Now that she wasn't by my side, i knew how close she had gotten to me, on the short time we were together in the Glade. Even though all she did was shuck things up, but now she has a special place in my heart.

Janson and two guards stepped into the room, Janson with some sort of a notebook in his hand. He whispered something to one of the guards, that nodded and then Janson looked at everyone in the room.

"The following people has to come with me.." Janson said and prepared his little notebook, with a list of names in it.

"Ethan, Aubrey, Cody, Eleanor, Annabelle.." That's where i stopped listening. I searched around in the room with my eyes, for the girl, who was supposed to walk up to Janson. To my disappointment, an Annabelle (an Annabelle, whut??) with blond hair, short thick legs stood up, instead of the girl with the feminine legs, long nutbrown hair and those dreamy green eyes. Instead of that Annabelle.

When all the people on Janson's list where beside him, the guards and him walked out of the room with them, leaving the rest of us confused and some of us disappointed. Including me, but with a different reason.

"Where are the going?" Thomas whispered and knocked me in the side with his elbow, which made me slightly annoyed.

"We know as much as you bloody know!" I was supposed to mumble it quietly to myself, but i may have yelled a little (A little.. Yeeeah.. No.), since almost everyone in the room looked stunned at me. Even my friends was a bit confused, but deepest down, they knew what was bothering me. Thomas looked right through me, as if he was thinking about something.

"What do we do?" He suddenly asked all of us.

"We don't attract attention." Frypan said from beside me.

After a few seconds, Thomas suddenly stood up and walked towards the doors, Janson and co. went out of. He smacked the doors open and two guards stood prepared for him, as if they knew he would come. They grabbed him in each arm and held him back, even though he kicked after them.

"What is going on here?" I heard a voice yell from behind the guards, so i wasn't able to see who it was. Then Janson showed up behind the guards and stared at Thomas. I stood up and walked towards Thomas with fast steps, and so did my friends.

"Where is she?!" He yelled, so he spat a little on Janson, but none of us cared, since he was bloody annoying.

"Thomas.. Thomas.. I like you, you are so curious and wants to know everything." Janson said and that made me think of why we thought he was annoying again.

"What did you do to her?" Thomas yelled and i felt bad for him doing my job. But i wanted to know as well, so i didn't do anything.

"Get back to your seat." Janson said icecold and waited for us to do it.

Frypan and Winston grabbed Thomas and turned around, before they walked back our seats. I stood there a little longer, enough to notice the little evil smile on Janson's face. Ratman, i thought, before i walked back to my friends.