Chapter 7

(Belle's POV)

After my mother died, i buried her beside an old beautiful tree with pink flowers on it. If she saw it, she would've said that the tree could be called "Belle" as well, because of its beauty.

I had walked for a few days now and my feet were tired and exhausted, but i couldn't stop yet. I didn't have much food left, so i had be quick and effective. I was now walking through a dead city (City that's completely abandoned). All the houses looked terrible, as if a hurricane had been here. Long planks of wood were hammered on the windows, so i weren't able to look into the houses through the windows. This town reminded me of stories my mother used to tell me about zombies. The citizens were trying to keep the zombies out of their houses. But in reality, these people were trying to keep the virus and the cranks out of their houses, but i already know how well that went, since no one lives here anymore. My stomach was hurting and it kept rumbling, and my throat was as dry as a desert. I needed to find food and water soon. I walked towards one of the houses that looked safe, when i suddenly heard zombie alike sounds. I turned around quickly and saw five cranks running spastic towards me. I haven't seen one of those for weeks now. They were supposed to be captured inside a Crank Palace. Every city has one. I was frozen and couldn't move. All i could do was think of my little brother. He "lived" long enough to turn into a crank.

Those five cranks all wore the same face. My brothers face. His helpless screams echoed in my head, and i just stood there, watching, exactly as i did when he got bitten several times by cranks. The cranks were almost eight steps away from me, when someone pulled me inside the house behind me.

"Are you fucking insane?!" A girl with black short hair pushed me down on the floor. She locked the door and we could hear the creepy cranks outside, scratching on the door like a cat, but a lot more violent. She ran over to a closet and tried to push it towards the door, but with no luck.

"Help me!" She yelled at me, and i stood up terrified and ran over to her. We pushed the closet as fast as we could, and just in time before the lock on the door broke. The girl slid down on the floor and breathed a sigh of relief. Then she turned around to look at me.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" I shook my head at her question, and she send me a confused look.

"I.. I don't know what happened out there." I said. My heart broke slowly when i saw her eyes. As blue as an ocean. Those ocean-blue eyes, my mother also had. Had.

"Why are you alone?" She suddenly asked me and dragged me out of my thoughts, but only with a question that made things more worse.

"Why are you?" I just asked, not bothering to answer. She shrug her shoulders and stood up.

"I'm Vanessa." She said and offered me her hand, waiting for me to shake it. I put my hand in hers.

"Belle."