Chapter 2

(Ava Paige's POV)

I walked down the long white corridors with the doctor, Vanessa and two guards behind me. We were heading towards room 113. The room was situated at the end of the this corridor. One of the guards pulled out a key and unlocked the door, when we reached it. We stepped into the dark room, that brightened as fast as Vanessa turned the light on. There was placed a table with different doctor instruments and some experimental stuff in every corner of the room, and in the middle there was a bed. We walked over to the bed, were a 16 years old girl was sleeping quietly. Vanessa looked at the computer screen beside the bed. It was connected with small pipes that was going through the girl's nose.

"Anything new?" I asked Vanessa ice-cold and looked at the computer for a moment, even though i didn't know how it worked and what the numbers and letters meant.

"There's some data from the brain scanning." Vanessa handed out for a picture under the computer and showed it to me.

"As i thought. She's slowly getting her memories back." I said and nodded. I turned around and was about to walk out of the door, when Vanessa interrupted.

"Is Annabelle going to be okay?" She asked me. I looked at the two guards and they nodded to me. We had to be careful with Vanessa. She was still young and stupid, at the same age as the girl.

"You can call her Belle again, she will remember her real name anyway. And besides you're the doctor, aren't you the one to judge?" I said, but didn't mean it as a question. The guards and i walked out of the room and closed the door after us.

(Vanessa's POV)

I watched Ms. Paige and the two unknown guards leave before i walked back to Belle. She used to praise my ocean-blue eyes, and i used to praise her unbelievably perfect skin, but now all that was left was pale, dry skin. She used to look like a supermodel everyday even when she woke up in the morning, but now she looked like she haven't slept for days. Her normally pink lips were now turning into a lilac colour and they were also dry. I felt like a betrayer for helping W.I.C.K.E.D with making Belle an experiment. I would've said no now, but back then i was just trying to save my own ass. Janson promised me, that they wouldn't give Belle her the memories back, where i sacrificed her instead of myself, so she would never find out, that i betrayed her.

"Everything is going to be fine, Belle. When you wake up, we can catch up where we let go." I whispered in Belle's ear and stroke her hair. I gave her her daily injection of the Bliss and as always it made her shake for a few seconds, before she fell back to her never ending dreams. I wondered if she would ever be the same person again. I glanced at her almost lifeless body for a moment, before i turned around and walked out of the room.

Author's note:

I hope that you guys understand that Belle is Annabelle. Belle is her real name, the name she had before the Maze.