Chapter 11

(Thomas' POV)

I woke up by a weird sound under my bed. It was in the middle of the night, and all the other boys were sleeping. I couldn't see much, since it was quite dark in here. I rolled over to the side of my bed and carefully looked under it. I got a huge shock when i saw a boy crawling out from some kind of shaft. He got a shock too, but he instantly told me to be quiet. It was the boy from earlier, who was all alone when we sat in the eating room. He commanded me to follow him, so i did. We crawled through the shack. There weren't much space, but i manage to get through. We turned a few corners without talking or anything, when he suddenly stopped, so i almost bumped into his behind. He had stopped in front of an exit in the shaft's floor. The boy crawled over the exit, so we were on each side of it.

"Who are you?" I whispered to him.

"I'm Aris. From Group B." He said without looking at me.

"I'm Thomas. What do you mean Group B?" I asked.

He looked up at me.

"I've been in a maze as well. You and your friends are from Group A." He said and continued watching through the exit. I didn't ask him about more, since he didn't look like he wanted to answer. Aris lifted the shaft's lid and jumped down on from the shaft, were he ended in a hallway. I jumped down as well.

"There's something in here and we have to find out what it is." He said.

"What is wrong with it?" I asked a bit confused.

"The people that Janson takes with him are taken to this room. I've seen it. I've been watching them through the shaft every day. They never come out again, only the guards and doctors." Aris told me.

"How do we get in?" I asked him after i found out the door was locked and that we needed a card to open it.

"You have to steal a card from someone. The doctors are easy, since they aren't that skilled and aren't that much suspicious." He said and continued: "Do it tomorrow and meet me in the shaft again in the evening." I nodded and we jumped up in the shaft again, where we were separated. I crawled back to my room and Aris back to his. I went back in bed and pretended like nothing had just happened.