Chapter 19

(Thomas' POV)

"Shit!" Aris whisper-yelled as we crawled as fast as we could back to my room, where my friends were waiting for us. We had just been in the room, where the people Janson collect everyday ends in. They were just hanging there, and i don't know if they are dead or not. I heard a bang in front of me, as Aris rolled out of these small vents and into my room. Some of the boys yiked when they noticed him, crawling out from under my bed. Aris stood up immediately and so did i when i got out of the vent.

"What happened?" Frypan asked a bit scared. Neither of Aris and i answered, we were completely breathless. I ran around in the room, trying to find something, that could block our door.

"Thomas, what is going on?" Newt asked and tried to get my attention. I rushed from bed to bed and tried to find something i could use, until i got an idea. I threw duvet and pillow out of Minho's bed and grabbed the mattress, which i lifted over towards the door. I could feel my friends' eyes all on me, trying to figure out what i was up to. I stacked the mattress on the door and took the sheet, which i would tie around the long door handle.

"We have to get out of here!" I yelled, while tying the sheet to the door handle. Someone suddenly grabbed my shoulder.

"Tommy, what did you see?" To my surprise it was Newt. He was only searching for an answer.

"I'll tell you on the way!" I hurriedly said, when i heard heavy footsteps coming towards our room.

"Let's go!" Aris said as he crawled into the vent, my friends all confused following him. I was the last one to crawl into the vent, and just in time before i heard someone trying to open the door.

"Goddammit!" I heard Janson yell through the vent, when i jumped down on the floor in an unknown hallway.

"So where are we going now?" Minho asked, clearly unhappy with trying to escape.

"I know these hallways as my own trouser pocket. But someone has to open the door from outside. They will lock the doors, when they find out that we are escaping. I am the only one who know how to unlock them." Aris said and looked around for a volunteer.

"I'll do it." Winston said from behind me and raised his hand. Aris nodded to him, and before they crawled back into the vent, Aris told us the way.

We ran and turned a few corners here and there, and it was all like back in the Maze, like when we escaped. Which we were going to do again now. Out of nowhere an alarm started and red lights started to blink in the hallways. We ran fast, until we stopped in front of a doctor, who was about to walk into a room. She looked at us confused.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, but she figured it out before he had the chance to answer her.

"You are the escapers!" The doctor looked shocked at us. She was just about to grab the gun she had on her, but she wasn't quick enough, so i grabbed it instead.

"Sorry." I said, before Minho and i grabbed her arms and dragged her with us as a hostage.

"There it is!" I heard Chuck yell as i noticed the door, Aris told us about. We ran as fast as we could towards the door, forcing the doctor to run with us.

"Hurry!" Frypan said as i found the card i once stole from another doctor, and slipped it through the card scanner. The card scanner blinked red and made a noise, telling us that the card was rejected.

"No no no no no!" I mumbled as it kept rejecting the card.