Chapter 23

(Ava Paige's POV)

"What is now this?" I mumbled as i noticed a little note on my table, when i entered my office.

The note sticked a little to the table as i ripped it off and studied it. I recognized the handwriting immediately.

Dear mother,

I've made you a gift, that i hope you will be thankful for.

It reminds me of you and i'm sure you'll like it. And well, it's gonna make you breathless.

Belle didn't know anything about my surprise for you, so don't give her credit for it.

As a little extra gift, Belle and i have decided to leave this "hellhole", as i said.

But enough rubbish, i'm sure you can't wait to see the gift, i'm talking about.

You won't have to look for it, but instead i suggest you make a run for it.

Before i spoil everything, i'm ending this letter now. I just wanna say thank for all the hate you've built inside me and i hope you enjoy your gift.

BOOM

Yours sincerely, Vanessa Paige.

"What is this supposed to mean?" I asked myself, after reading the letter, and rubbed my neck. It was a long time since Vanessa used the word "boom". She always said it when she had physics in school and they made volcanos, that was supposed to explode. The thought of that made me realize, what she meant. I immediately grabbed my little walkie talkie and talked hurriedly.

"Get a helicopter ready for me. Immediately. We are going to the Last City. To the real W.I.C.K.E.D headquarter." I said as i ignited the fire alarm on the wall, so the building could get evacuated.

(Belle's POV)

"Vanessa, wait for me!" I shouted after Vanessa, as i tried to catch up with her fast steps. We just got out of the huge building, through a secret way Vanessa showed me. We have packed the Bliss as the only thing, as far as i know.

"Here take this. We're gonna need them." Vanessa handed me something when i finally catched up with her. I was shocked when i saw it.

"Where the bloody hell did you get these?" I asked her and pointed out the gun, she just gave me, while we kept walking a random way out in the desert landscape. The word "bloody" kept popping up in my head, just like the memories tried to do back in the Glade. Vanessa giggled before she answered me.

"My mother has sacrificed more than a thousand people, she has to protect herself somehow." Vanessa said it as if it was obvious. She was crazy. Just stealing from her own mother and her mother's company. Vanessa suddenly stopped, which made me bump into her and made her grunt a little. I mumbled a little "sorry" before i turned to look at the building, Vanessa was looking at. The building we had just left.

"This is going to be great." Vanessa said as she pleased rubbed her hands towards each other. I really had no idea what she was talking about.

"10." Vanessa started counting.

"9." She looked at me for some kind of participation, but i just shrug at her.

"8." We turned to look at the building again. It was now i noticed how small the building was. This couldn't be W.I.C.K.E.D's headquarter. This was a big laboratory.

"7."

"6."

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2." I was actually eager now.

"1."