In the Beginning (INTRODUCTION)

Let me start from the very beginning.

My name is Anastasia Lyrica St. James. Ana for short. But this is my name now. Before my name was Jessica Montgomery. And I was 16 when it all happened. The Montgomery's were one of the wealthiest families in Oregon. My mom, the sweetest woman you'll ever meet in your whole life. The kind of mom that bakes you cookies if your having a bad day. Nichole, that was her name. And my sister Angela, brother Anthony. Last but not least my father. The one who got is into this mess. Joshua Montgomery. Everyone thought he was just the owner of the largest lumber corporation in Oregon. Wrong. My father liked to gamble. But he was good at it. You won't loose anything if your good at gambling right? Wrong again.

He gambled away everything. All the money. And the business. All of it. Then he tried to run. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

You're probably wondering who gambled his entire life to. Matthew Higgins. The biggest threat to the Oregon police department and FBI for as long as I can remember. He's killed countless people just for looking at him the wrong way. He is basically the godfather of today. So when my father lost everything and ran, Higgins came for my family.

It was the middle of the night about 1 or 2 in the morning. All of us fast asleep. I'm having the best dream of my life. Channing Tatum is proposing to me, then I jolt awake to the pressure of a damp cloth covering my nose and mouth. All I see is a black figure, then I'm asleep again. When I wake up I'm sitting on the lounge in my front room, my hands painfully tied behind my back and duct tape over my mouth. I see my mother, taped and bound the same way sitting next to me. All I want to do is hug her, but she tells me to stay quiet with that look moms give you. So I did. I looked around for Angela and Anthony. No where to be seen. Two more black figures come into the room carrying my siblings fireman style, and dump them on the ground like sacks of potatoes. I want to scream at them to be careful those are my brother and sister your handling there, but wisely decide against it. Considering I wouldn't be able to anyway because my mouth has duct tape on it. One of the brawny men turn on the floor lamp next to the lounge and someone walks in. Higgins.

Higgins walks in and sits in one of the Cozy chairs across the room and asks us,

"Where has Joshua gone?"

And we just sit there and look at him like what the hell? We can't talk due to the damn duct tape! By now my brother and sister have come to. He snaps at one of the bear like men to remove the tape from my mothers mouth.

"Eric! Get the tape off the mothers mouth will you?!"

"Sorry Mr. Higgins." He says looking like a child that's just been scolded.

He rips the tape off Nichole's mouth with a harsh tear. I hear her wince in pain and all I can do is watch.

"I'll ask again, where has Joshua gone?" Higgins says with an eerie smile on his rat like face.

"I-I don't know." My mother stammers trying to get the words out without sounding to frightened.

"I know you don't. But maybe you have some kind of an idea in the big head of yours huh?" he asks directing the question at Angela this time.

I have to admit Angela did have a big head. But no one had the nerve to tell her that and destroy her confidence. As Higgins finished his question the tape was ripped from my sisters mouth and all she did was stare, then after a while finally said,

" How am I supposed to know? Your the one with all the connec-"

She couldn't even get the last snide remark out before she was kicked in the ribs by Eric. She doubled over and whimpered in pain.

"I'll kindly ask that you don't speak to Mr. Higgins like that again missy." Stated Eric as he looked down on her with menacing eyes.

"I believe that you don't know where Joshua is at the moment. But I do know he will contact you at some point. And when he does, you are to call me."

Higgins gave the instructions as if he was a school teacher. Then continued.

" And if you don't. I will come back and kill every single one of you."

My mother gasped and looked at her three children. Her momma bear instinct setting in.

"Don't you dare touch my children." She said her words like daggers being thrown at Higgins' back. Higgins eyed her, then slowly walked over to me. He grabbed my cheeks looked me straight in the face. Then back handed the cheek he was just holding. Then turned and did the same to my mother.

"Don't test me Nichole. You should know by now that I'm not one you should toy with. Now I'm going to leave. But dont think about getting up. The lounge your sitting on is wired. It will deactivate in one hour. After that hour you may untie your kids. Not a minute before."

He said this with such seriousness. He strolled out of the house like he'd come over for Sunday brunch. The hour passed and my mom untied us and the first thing we did was call Samantha.

Samantha was our friend who worked with the FBI in the witness protection unit. We've known her since we were born. Mom always said that Samantha's work would come to use for us one day. I never knew what she meant by that, but now I understand.

We called Samantha and she told us to get in the car and drive to her apartment.

"Leave everything?! I can't even take the baby pictures?" My mother asked Samantha over the phone

"Never coming back?"

...

"Yes I understand"

...

"Well be there in 20 minutes"

My mother said and hung up the phone. she told us to get I to the car. Leave everything.

I didn't question. I was to scared to.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all so much for reading!!! Leave me comments if you liked it!! Tell me what you liked and what I can do differently.

Anyway lovlies, thanks for reading I will update on Tuesday!! :)<3

-----