two

blaire

"where the hell were you?"was the first thing i heard from my mother when i walked into apartment.

"getting your things"i snap throwing the bag on the kitchen counter.

we had an apartment after my dad left. it wasn't in the best shape and it's definitely not the best size. i had a room, my mom slept in the living room, and we had a kitchen and a bathroom, obviously.

"did you get me my cigarettes?" she slurred from the couch.

"do you forget im underage?"i roll my eyes. "but i did. i made this drug head get it for you. i gave him the money so there's no change left."

i threw the cigarettes at her on the couch.

"thanks kid."

i grabbed my chips, ice cream and soda and walked to my room, locking the door.

jack

after work daniel came over.

"she can't steal everyday she comes dude"daniel laughs.

"i swear!"i whine as i loose the game for focusing on telling daniel about the girl who always comes to the store. "i pretend i'm not looking, but i look through the mirror that shows the whole store!there i see her stuffing stuff in her black bag. i was sick of it. i didn't want her getting in trouble, so i payed for her stuff today."

"did she say thank you?"

"does a middle finger count?"

"dude"he chuckles, "maybe she's just some drug head"

"she's not." i begin to think about her. "she always looks sad."

"before she started stealing, have you seen her around?"he asks.

"yeah"i think about the girl from history class freshmen year. "remember history with mr.kim?"

he nods.

"remember blaire?"

he spits out his soda, "no fucking way! the bright girl that would never shut up?!"

"blaire oakley" i sigh.

"but she was always happy!" he shakes his head.

"yeah and then the rumor about her dropping out went around when she left."i tell him,"turns out she did"

"didn't her dad die?"

"drug overdose, yeah"

blaire was always a bright girl, she would never shut her mouth or spend a moment not smiling. she was always, active. history class was the only i had with her. she would answer every question, get a's on every test, and was the teachers pet.

she stopped coming to school after it was announced on the news that 'jason oakley died of a heroin overdose'. it was everywhere, only because none of that really happens here.

the teacher stopped calling her name for attendance the first day she didn't come. nobody cared other than her best friend corbyn who now sits with his girlfriend at lunch.

"you think she would ever come back to school?" daniel asks me, as he puts on his jacket signaling he's leaving.

i walk with him downstairs and open the front door for him, "i don't think she wants to"

"if you see her again, talk to her. she might need someone jack" and with that he walks away. i close the door and run up to my room.

she might need someone jack, kept repeating in my head.

tomorrow i was going to talk to blaire oakley.

_______________
a/n: are you guys liking this book?
if so let me know! :)