seventeen

blaire

"you open it!" i yelled and pointed at daniel.

"no way! you're the one who needs to talk to him!"daniel said.

"you invited him!"

"he's your best friend!"

"he's your boyfriend!"

"you need to talk to him."

"never said i wanted t-"

"enough!" jack yelled. daniel and i snapped our heads to him. "one of you will go open that door and stop acting like five year olds!"

i turned to daniel, "best out of three rock, paper scissors?"

"you're on oakley." daniel smirked.

daniel won the first round with paper, i won the second round with rock.

"this is it." i mumbled.

"you're going down." daniel smirked.

"you guys are unbelieva-"

"shh!" daniel and i said together, not breaking eye contact.

"rock, paper scissors, shoot!"

"i win!" daniel grabs his hand that held rock and ran around the living room. "open the door sucker! ha!"

i mumbled an asshole before standing in front of the door and opening it to see corbyn.

"blaire." he breathed out.

i nodded my head up, "hi."

"listen, i'm so sorry." he said. i moved over a bit so he could walk in, but he didn't.

"i know you don't want to talk to me." corbyn sighed as i avoided eye contact, he grabbed me hands. "blaire, i was an asshole, i was just mad about my mom kicking my best friend out, and threatening to take the best thing that ever happened to me away. i miss you and i can't stop thinking about you. please forgive me."

"i'm the best thing that ever happened to you?" daniel said from the back.

"this isn't about you seavey." corbyn snapped immediately mouthing an 'i love you.'

"did you mean it?" i asked corbyn, looking at him.

"mean what?"

"that i'm not going to get anything good in my future?"

corbyns eyes soften, "of course i didn't. you're a smart girl. i just- i just want the best for you. after everything you've been through, you deserve nothing but the world b."

i wrapped my arms around my best friend, "i missed you idiot."

corbyn laughed, "i missed you more baby b."

fake sobbing was heard from behind us, me and corbyn pulled away from our hug to find daniel and jack holding each-other.

"that was so fucking beautiful." daniel cried. "thanks to me this happened. i'm so amazing!"

"you are bro." jack sobbed patting daniel back as they both nodded at each other.

"idiots." i face palmed myself.

•••

after me and corbyn finally reunited, jack decided to take me to his convenience store, or where we first met.

"remember when you stuck the middle finger out at me." jack said, swinging our hands as we entered the store.

"no regrets avery." i smiled.

"how did you even steal without me knowing?"jack asked as he grabbed a soda, and chips.

"you wanna...i don't know...try?"i smirked.

"woah woah woah. i never said i wanted to get a criminal record. in this town i'm an angel."

"i was that once." i said. "and now look at me."

"you swear we won't get caught?"

"oh stop being a baby! we'll be fine." i laughed. "let's go wild."

"i'll go wild." jack smiled and walked towards me. "wild with you and for you."