sixteen

blaire

daniel ended up staying the night to help me put the door back that corbyn broke. it was now two in the morning and we were both laying on the living room floor facing the ceiling.

"do you hate it here?in this apartment?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"i'd say i do. but me and my mom got out of paying rent because my dads brother owns the building, so there's no way i'm moving out." i replied.

"why do you hate it?"

i sighed, "i guess it's because this isn't home. i grew up in a house that was kinda big i guess, but then, everything went down hill."

"you know you could always make it home."he shrugged, sitting up.

i followed his actions, "like redecorate..to make it look like my old house?"

"exactly." he stood up from the ground and held out his hand. i took it and stood up.

"i don't have the money to-"

he put his finger against my lips "ah ah ah, i have a debit card ya know."

"im not wasting you money." i mumbled.

"you're annoying you know that?" and then he dragged me out to his car.

•••

i was pushing the car around ikea as daniel looked at the furniture, "i wish this store was closed."

"boo-hoo." he frowned. "now what was the theme of your old house?"

"it was white and gray. my mom loves- loved those colors." i looked away from him.

"well your mom has very good taste in colors."

"had, daniel."

"huh?"

"she had, she's not with me anymore."

"blaire, your mom is always with you and watching you whether you think it or not. just because she isn't here does not mean she stopped living in your heart." daniel said.

my eyes softened at him as i smiled, "you're right."

and he was. sure my parents aren't with me. but by continuing to think of them, i make them alive.

"now lets do this!" i laughed as i began to look for things with daniel.

•••

back at the apartment there were boxes everywhere. daniel has taken off his shirt and left himself in a tank top,  and i changed into pajama shorts with a band tee as we were building my night stand.

"the bed is going to be here in a couple of days as well as the couch." he said as he tried to put the nightstand to stand, "finally! it's done."

"there's still one more." i laughed.

"what time is it?"

i checked my phone, "seven-thirty."

"we've been up all night." he laughed.

"indeed we have." my eyes were on the verge of closing but were immediately shot open as there was a hard knock on the door.

i looked over at daniel.

"trust me when i say it's important." he smirked.

i slowly stood up and opened the door.

"house warming gift for ms.oakley." jack smiled as he held out the boquete of flowers.

i immediately hugged him and pecked his cheek.

"what are you doing here?" i asked as i pulled away from the hug taking the flowers.

"uh daniel said you were redecorating so i decided i wanted help." he smiled.

"is corbyn coming?" jack asked, me and daniel looked at eachother.

"me and corbs aren't exactly on the best terms."

"call him and apologize." daniel suggested

"that's the thing." i said as jack entered the apartment and i closed the door. "i shouldn't be the one to apologize."

"well i called him over." daniel chuckled. "and you're both going to talk."

"why would you do that!"

"did you forget he's my boyfriend?" daniel laughed.

"right." i sighed. "fine, but i'm not talking to him first. he's the one that was being an ass."

"woah! language young lady."

"oh fuck off seavey, you've been swearing at that nightstand for hours!"

and then there was another knock.