six

blaire

"you're telling me you never played?" jack laughed as i put the guitar down.

"only piano." i said in a low voice.

"you're a natural!" he smiles.

"thanks" i smile back.

"we didn't even study." jack laughs as he grabs his history text book.

"why are you doing this?" i ask. "like for real. why?"

he lays back on his bed facing the ceiling. i mock his action so our heads are next to each other and the lower part of our bodies are hanging off the bed. ( a/n: like how hazel and augustus are in the fault in our stars book cover)

"i guess i just wanna help"he shrugs, keeping his eyes above.

"i left school for a reason, jack." i sigh.

"well, school helps you get somewhere in your future, blaire!" he says. "i don't want you to end up, doing nothing."

"you don't even know me!" i laugh.

"doesn't mean i can't care!"

"okay. i get that, but, maybe i don't want to do something big, you know?" i shrug.

"what do you want to do?" he asks, turning his head to face me.

"music. but, not a celebrity, well maybe, but like- nevermind" i shake my head laughing. "why am i telling you this"

"because you can"he says. "tell me."

"i just, want to be able to do music twenty-four seven." i close my eyes. "that was the dream. me and my dad, in the music industry. me singing and him managing me. it was the goal after i graduated. but then..."

"he passed away" he breathes out.

"yup." i laugh. "he overdosed. he had everything jack! i just down understand why! he told me he would be with me through everything! he promised!"

i sat up quickly with my head in my hands, "he told me he would never leave my side!"

"blaire-"

"don't blaire me! you don't understand!" my voice was get louder.

"only if you tell me i will" he sat up, turning to the side where i was on his bed.

"i'm not telling you! i don't know you!" i was beginning to get frustrated.

"blaire calm down-"

"i cant calm down jack!" i looked at him. "my dad never broke promises. he would keep them and go through hell if he needed to. just to keep them."

"maybe he had something else going on"jack sighs. "you never know, blaire."

"yea, i don't. but what i do know is that he left me. that's what i know"

i was crying at this point. i stood up and wiped my tears.

"where are you going?" jack asks, getting up with me.

"home" i snapped. "i shouldn't have touched that guitar."

"blaire just because he's gone doesn't mean you should stop play"jack says.

"i stopped for a reason jack. i don't want to remember." i walked to his bedroom door. " thanks for today, but i don't think i want to do this again."

"blaire you need to study" he sighed. " you need to do it so you can have a future!"

"fuck the future." i opened the door and walked down the stairs, running out of his huge house. i ran down the street and remembered how we go here.

i looked at my surroundings, trying to remember what jack drove by. i walked down the dark empty street, tears streaming down my face. the only thing i could think about was my father.

i began to run. trying to run away from the happiness i had with him. the memories, music playing, singing, anything. i ran to corbyns house.

i knocked on the door which he answered.

i collapsed in his arms.

"woah" he groaned as he held me. "what's wrong my girl?"

i shook my head, "just hold me corbyn. tell me to forget about my dad"

"i cant let you forget what made you happy, blaire"

i cried harder.

he carried me up to his room. he laid me on his bed. i cuddled to his side, crying into his shirt.

it was normal for me and corbyn to cuddle.

he ran his hands through my hair and kissed my head.

"i'm so sorry blaire" he whispered. " you don't deserve this."

"i miss him so much corbyn."

" i know my girl. i know"

corbyn held me the whole night. i held onto him as if he would disappear too.