thirteen

blaire

"hey dad." i whispered, running my fingers across his grave, "i found you- well i didn't find you, jack did." i heard jack chuckle behind me, "umm.. i miss you, a lot. moms gone too. same reason why you're here. i don't understand why you did it dad. i really don't. you were always smiling and showing me why life is worth living, yet here you are. gone. i'm mad. i will say that. very very mad. at both you and mom. i feel as though you both did it because you were selfish, but i can't say anything because i don't know why. i just really wish you were here."

"blaire, i'm gonna go walk around.." jack said, i just nodded. it was best for him to not listen.

i continued, " i've gone down hill. everything has no meaning to me. you were the only thing that meant the world to me and you're gone. i started stealing for mom and myself, i dropped out of high school, i'm supposed to graduate this year, don't think i'm going to. you were the only one who motivated me dad."

the tears slowly running down my cheeks fell faster as i now began sobbing, " i'm s-so s-sorry. i know y-you're not proud b-but i don't care about anything. i'm trying to get back on track- why am i doing this? it's not like you're listening." i scoffed. "i just came to say i love you, so much. i miss you everyday more and more dad. i'll come back soon."

i got up from where i was sitting and wiped my tears, looking for jack. i saw his curls pop up a couple of grave stones over. i stayed where he couldn't see me as i saw him running his fingers over stone. he smiled as he wiped his eyes, looking behind him and he saw me.

i walked towards him, "you okay?"

"could be better,"he chuckled and got off of the ground, standing to face me. "i know what you're going through blaire. i know how much it hurts to loose someone that means so much to you. a-and i want is to get through everything together."

"i just want things to get brighter." i shrug.

he puts his hands on my cheeks, "and i promise you they will, you just need to give it time."

i nodded as tears ran down both of our cheeks.

silence between us as our faces were inches away from eachother.

his hands still on my cheeks as he stays to lean in, he closes the gap by connecting our lips into a sweet and calm kiss catching me by surprise.

he pulls away, "i'm so sorr-"

i interrupt him by placing my lips back on his.