fifteen

blaire

when i got to corbyns house he was waiting by the door.

i smiled as i walked up to him, "hey"

"hi." he mumbled.

"you texted me saying i needed to come, so what's up?" i asked walking up to the door which be blocked. "move corbs."

"i cant." he bit his lip. i tilted my head. "my mom says you can't live with us anymore."

my smile dropped, "oh."

"listen blaire i tried to convince her but she said that if i kept you here she would tell my dad about me breaking up with christina and being with a boy." corbyn grabbed my hands. "and you know i'm not ready to come out, and mostly to my dad. i really tried, im so sorry."

i slowly pulled my hands out of his grip, "corbyn it's fine. i know how much daniel means to you. i wasn't going to stay long anyway."

"you weren't?"

"no. you act like i cant handle things myself. you baby me."

"i baby you because i don't want you to feel alone blaire." his voice became harsh.

"well i am alone corbyn." i spoke up. "and if you or anyone else doesn't want to admit it then it's up to you."

"see! this is why i baby you!" corbyn pointed at me. "i baby you because i hate how you always think negative and stupid things! i want you to be happy!"

"calm dow-"

"i am not calming down." he growled. "because you lost your father, you dropped out of school and began to steal! let me tell you i have lost family members but i'm still in school, and i am getting an amazing future and experience out of it.you could have been a better person b."

i couldn't believe he was saying this."i didn't do it just because i lost my father corbyn."

"oh yea, then why? because it looks like you did. i get he meant so much to you, but you over exaggerated."

"i did it to take care of my mother." tears were running down my face as i spoke to him. "i was the only person she had left! she begged me to stay with her and take care of her because of her disorder corbyn.i never told you because i knew you would have told me that my mom could go to a hospital-"

"blaire-"

i shook my head."next time just keep your mouth shut corbyn."

i turned around and walked down the driveway.

"blaire wait." he ran behind me.

i ignored him and kept walking.

"i'm sorry! wait." he continued running behind me.

i turned around, "take your apology back and shove it up your ass."

and i walked away.

•••

the waves at the empty beach were crashing together as i sat on the sand raking my finger through it. the dark gray sky was covered in big gray clouds that were scattered around. my black jeans were covered in sand as well as my vans.

if you ask me, corbyn and i never had a fight. the biggest argument we had was over who could use the orange crayon first. corbyn was never the one to judge me,  or tell me what i was doing was wrong. he would be the one to support me and give me advice on how to do it better.

but today it sounded like he was a complete different person.

"can i sit?" i looked up and saw daniel seavey.