five

blaire

before leaving at 3:30 to get to the school where jack goes, my mom filled me with so many questions.

"who are you meeting?" "you have friends?" "where are you going?" blah blah blah.

it was as if she was surprised i was going out. or that i had friends, i mean, corbyn comes over all the time!

i was walking to susquehanna high, when memories flooded my mind, from walking home with corbyn, to walking to school with him filled with laughs and smiles.

i shook my head with a smile while walking down the street.

i never liked visiting the school after i left. it made me feel empty if i came back.

i was now in front of the building. everything was the same. the outside was somewhat clean. there were posters that were hung on the windows so people outside can read what was happening. the flag was still there on the pole, and there were now benches and plants.

i took out my phone to check the time.

3:45. they would be out in five minutes.

i walked to the back of the school where the football field was located. seniors were outside practicing for cheer or football.

they were smiling, laughing and just having fun. sometimes i do regret leaving. i would have had the high school experience.

ever since i left, i didn't go back to studying. i just gave up.

i heard the bell ring from outside, so i walked to the courtyard.

i put my hood over my head and hands in my pockets.

"blaire?" i heard from behind me. i turned around and saw jack. "you came!"

"yay" i mumbled. "can we go? everyone keeps staring."

i looked around and everyone was giving jack a look. he nodded grabbing my arm and leading me to his car. i got into the passenger seat, and closed the door.

jack threw his bag in the back  and got into the drivers seat.

"ready?" he smiled, i just nodded, not thrilled at all. "seatbelt."

"huh?" i looked at him.

"your seatbelt. i don't want to get pulled over and arrested because of you." he says.

i roll my eyes and buckle up.

he pulls out of the school lot and begins driving down the opposite side of where i lived, the opposite side of town was the rich side.

i was quiet until we arrived.

he took a turn and were were faced with big black gate doors.he rolled down his window, "avery", was all he said and the gates opened.

i sat up from my seat to see the huge house in front of me. he pulled up in front of the house and parked.

"you live here?" i pointe day the beautiful white house.