eighteen

[a/n: listen to the song to get the feeling. also stan nct 127 if ya want😎👊🏻]
•••

blaire

i threw a piece of popcorn in my mouth as jack walked in front of me.

"i cant believe we did that!"jack shouted as we walked down an empty road, the street lights bright above us. the light making his skin look gold.

"believe it baby." i laughed immediately stopping at the pet name i gave him.

jack stopped in his place, "baby huh?"

"w-well i didn't necessarily mean it li-"

he walked towards me, our noses touching, "i like it, baby."

my knees were going weak.

"let's do something tonight. i don't want to go home." jack sighed, putting a strand of hair behind my ear as he turned around and started walking in front of me again.

"what do you want to do?"

"i have a car."

"show off."

jack laughed, "oh you know what i mean!"

"listen we're not even dat-"

jacks eyes widened, "that's not what i meant!"

i laughed, "i know, i was just messing around."

"so, up for a late late night road trip?"

"do you know who you're asking?"

jack laughed as he began running away towards his house, i carefully ran behind him, obviously not wanting to spill the popcorn.

•••

once we got into the car jack went wild. he drove fast down the highway, all the windows down.

the wind was blowing through my hair as i rested my head on my palm, looking out the window.

before this, jack was laughing as he heard me scream when i put my head out the window and my hands.

i haven't felt like this in so long. everything felt like it was on me. i felt as though everything was my fault but none of that was ever on my mind when i was with jack, and none of that was ever with me when i would go out.

to be sincerely honest, i only ever went home to sleep, the other times i would be out, walking, running and taking the train, since i never really learned how to drive.

"what are you thinking about?" jack asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"you."

"oh stop it you sap." jack blushed. "i'm serious. tell me."

"i really am thinking about you!" i laughed. "i'm thinking about how you make me feel all these different things and how you make me feel like there's no pressure."

"blaire, there is no pressure."

"yes. yes there is!" i said, not taking my eyes off the amazing boy in front of me. "there's pressure in doing something for myself  and my future."

"what are you saying?" jack asked.

"i'm saying i want to go back to school." i sighed. "i want to go to school with you, with corbyn, even with daniel!"

jack laughed and started getting excited, pulling over on the highway. he stopped the car and turned to look at me. "are you serious?" his smile was so bright.

i nodded, "i am. i want to graduate with you."

"blaire this is huge!"

i smiled.

"you're going back to school!" jack laughed, showing his happiness through the brightest smile.

"i am!"

we both screamed out of excitement.