nineteen

blaire

do you ever look at a person and think how much they really mean to you? or do you ever think how your life would be completely different if you never met them?

jack avery was never planned to enter my life. he wasn't something that i thought would bring me so much happiness after everything that had happened to me.

at first he was simply the boy that works at the local corner store. i on the other hand, was the girl he never turned in who stole from his store. every single time i entered that store, he would turn around and act as if he never saw me. 

jack avery was never something that i thought would change who i am. he was never something who i thought would change the perspective i have in life now.

before meeting him, i has so much pressure on myself. i didn't go to school, i didn't take care of myself, hell i didn't care about anything at all. all i did was put my life to complete and utter shit. the pressure was so much.

the pressure of my fathers death. the pressure of how my family fell apart. the pressure of how i fell apart.

the only pressure i have now is thinking if jack will stay. i always think every night, what if he leaves you like everyone else blaire?

i ask him everyday if he ever thinks of leaving me. he denies it. he says he would never do such a thing.

everyday i hope he means it.

seven months later, there i was graduating high school with the love of my life, my best friends and one of the highest scores in the whole school. (trust me when i say i cant believe it either.)

three months after that here i am now attending Harvard Medical School, thousands of miles away from jack.

i still have no idea how i made it here. out of all schools i now attend the highest one of them all.

living in boston instead of pennsylvania now taught me that there is happiness in the world. leaving pennsylvania brought me away from all of those memories. everything that happened there stayed there.

jack doesn't attend school. he travels around the world singing with four other guys. also know as corbyn and daniel and surprisingly jonah and zach. still have no idea how that happened.

i sighed as i entered my apartment, closing the door behind me and throwing my things on the couch along with myself.

i took out my phone, dialing the number that has now been engraved in my brain because of how much i dial it.

"hey baby." jack whispered, recognizing his morning voice i know he just woke up. "i was waiting for you to call."

i smiled.

i could never get used to this.

it always comes back to me.

i'm okay. i'm really okay.

all because of one boy from the convenience store who offered to help me and never turned me in.

i am okay. no more pressure, just me and him against the world.

"hey."