Chapter 3 - A New place

"Take this you wimp!"

"Pleaseee forgive me, pleaseee" the boy was crying and kneeling to the floor as he looks up to the large man standing upon him. "Please don't lock me down there...I'm scared...I'm so scared"

"You not got to get away this time" the man speaks coldly in his groaning voice, he reaches his hand to the boy and grab him by his hair.

"No! Please let me go, pleaseee" the boy hold the large hand with his, he tried to get rid of the pain from the strong grasp.

"Ahh! No Daddy please...It hurts!" He screams again when he starts to be dragged by his father to the basement. He was crying and screaming in the whole process. He was thrown to the cold floor by his father as a punishment, Zylen small hand grabs his leg when he turns to walk out.

"No! I'm sorry! Please forgive me...I won't do it again I promise! Please don't leave me! Please Daddy..." he was screaming in his begging, his eyes were filled with tears. His lips were bleeding as a result of being slapped by his father earlier.

"You idiot!" he kick the boy by face, he scream out covering his face. "This is your punishment for being such insolent child! Worthless bastard! Stay in here until you learn your lesson!" He stomp those fragile limbs again and again. He did not stop with each screams. He stomps him stronger by each pleadings. The way he assaulting the boy does not seems just to hurt him, but to kill him or make him passed out quickly. He stops when no more scream or cry could be heard from the poor child. He was weak and about to lose his conscious as he watch his father walks away and closed the door.

"Ahhhhhhh!"

Zylen was as pale as a ghost when he woke up from his slumber. He was screaming in panic and stop when he realizes it was a dream. He is laying on something soft. He turns to his side and hugs himself, gasping to gaining his breath. The cold sweat does not make him feel better. He sobs. More tears were form in his eyes when he could see nothing but the pitch black of darkness.

"You finally awake"

Those voices put a pause in Zylen's sobs as he rise himself by his elbow to look at the source of the unfamiliar voice. He closed his eyes after a second; the light behind the man was too bright for his eyes to get used in the darkness he experienced earlier.

"You don't seem to be shock, weird eh?" The man speaks again. Zylen put no respond to him. Zylen remembers everything. He does not have a place he belongs now. Of course he is scared and sad but somehow he felt safer when his father is not around.

"How long do you plan to lay around. Put this on and come out" he walks away after throwing a pile of textiles to the floor. Zylen watch him walks away and quickly walks down the low mattress. It was low and thin like it was a couple piece of blanket, but comfortable enough for a child who used to sleep on the hard cold floor.

He observed the textiles on the floor, there was a long sleeve thin blouse in dull brown, and a long straight cut dark brown trouser lastly, red mixed white checked scarf. The clothes look old and torn by many parts. Zylen found it weird to wear something as poor as this, but this is not much different compares to the torn and stain with blood pajamas he is wearing.

Zylen walks out from the door that was left open by the man just now. He climbs up the stairs upon him. He holds the wall on his side as he covers his eyes to completely getting use to the light source in that house as he reach a small corridor. He realizes he was sleeping in the basement, it was deep and no light source could be found until the small corridor upstairs. Scary.