Chapter 23 - The Warmth of a Family

Mrs Connel just sit there, giving him space and time, waiting for something that never said from him. She understand why her husband won't let him go, it was clear he has been a victim, this boy need help and love. He must have been living in hell all this time.

"Let's go take some shower, you need to clean up" Mrs Connel broke the five minutes silence. She believes Zylen has calm down from his unknown cries.

Zylen blinks slowly, holding his whimpers. He sniffs and slowly sit up and watching her

Mrs Connel learnt that this boy must be lead for his actions since he seems to have no clue about almost everything, and he does not act according to what he want. "Let's get downstairs"

She glance towards her back, he is still a few steps behind her, following her slowly. Good. This will do

Once they reach the living room Harry and Cheryl who was running around earlier stopped upon Zylen and asked "Why do you cry? Are you sad?" Harry wondered. Zylen blinks, he realized his eyes must be red from crying earlier.

"Mummy, why did he cry?" Cheryl grasped her mother long skirt with those shining eyes locked towards her. "He's not feeling well Cheryl" she replied

"Is it hurt?" Harry asked and hold Zylen's bandaged hand. Zylen didn't say anything, but it was clear in his eyes that he was shocked with the affection these children are showing towards him.

"Zylen will be fine" Mrs Connel smile to herself, it seems they really like him, they are comfortable with him even he's not in a good shape. Perhaps it's fine to keep him around for a little while more.

Zylen grasp the small hand softly. Harry was grinning to him, as if he knows Zylen is being nice towards him. His small fingers and hand, and those big cheeks he had made Zylen's eyes soften.

..What is this feeling?..

Those big shining eyes made Zylen felt like hugging him, so he did what he saw every adult did to children, he slowly reach Harry's body and hold him. Harry grins wider he likes to be lifted so he excitedly make a few jump since this will be the first time Zylen lift him up.

Zylen can't do it, his arms was too weak, but he want to lift him up. So, he bent low, hugged him tight and stand up, he was shaking in the middle of it, but now as he is standing it seems to be find, his arms are not shaking anymore and it seems his legs has take the pressure.

He made it! It was the first time he lifted up a child and he love it. Harry was laughing cheerfully, he like it too. And soon Cheryl demands for the same which didn't happen because Mrs Connel stopped her. She seems sad, and Zylen want to carry her too, but Mrs Connel and himself knew he can't afford the weight of two of them.

His body is still weak.

Cheryl remain her sulk even it's time for her to take shower.

"Who wants to go first? Raise your hand" the mother asked cheerfully

"Me! Me!" Cheryl and Harry raise their hands and jumping around. It seems they love everything including showers, but not vegetables.

"Zylen, would you like to go after them?" Mrs Connel asked slowly, he is clearly spacing out for no reason again, she need to interact with him to drag him to reality.

Zylen watch the surrounding, they are in the toilet. It was a huge toilet, with a single tub by the wall , toilet on the other edge facing the sink. It's almost as similar as William's toilet. But those floor was covered by small light blue mosaic while this is covered by large bright tiles.

The tub was filled with warm bath and big bubbles of soap, the shower hang on the top of the bath. A tall cabinet could be find at the edge of the toilet beside the sink. It seems to be cleaning tools and those cleaning chemicals