Chapter 18 - A family

..I wanna go home..

He was so jealous seeing everyone in the house wearing such a thick, nice, warming clothes, it looks so comfortable. He swear to himself he was going to take a good care of it if he ever get one in his poor life. The fireplace in their house makes he wish he was burnt to death rather than froze to death. He know he sounds so stupid, but he is stupid after all. His eyes was droopy now, the froze eyelashes seems piercing enough for his pale emerald eyes which now seems so dark and death in those empty cold streets. One of his shoes is not attached to his feet any longer, the deep snow has swallowed the run down shoes by each weak forceful step the boy took. The snow stung the coldness to his numb feet sending it to his core. But he just keep moving, does not even care of where to go.

He saw more, and more happy children, presents, decorations, beautiful stars, songs, kind parents, warmth, foods, a very large amount of delicious food. He could hear his own breathing now, as his burning cold chest started to heave in shivers. Before he even knows his cheeks was already froze caused by his tears, and the snow has turns to blizzard. He could not see any windows anymore, he could hear nothing but the sounds of the wind whooshing around him, more coldness reach his frozen body, stinging all the wounds, his eyes cannot see properly anymore. He felt alone and hopeless, just like the basement, alone, dark..cold..

Something pierce through the wind and landed by the side of his head. The strong impact, injured head and his weak body caused him to fall down and passed out before he even hit the ground.

He somehow heard voices in his subconscious

"Harry! You hit someone!"

"Daddy!"

"Daddy! Is he alright?"

"Oh no, he's so cold!"

"Get into the house quick! Tell mommy to get some hot water!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Ahhhh!! Uncle! Uncle!!" the small boy yelled pleadingly as his body was beaten by military belts. But the beating turns more and more violent to the point the boy started to shriek in his tears. "I'm sorry!! Please stop!!!" He was cornered by a few adults in their navy uniform, they beat him without even stopping even the child hugs on one of their legs

"Mamaaa! Mamaa!!" he was wailing for safety. He bleeds soo much, his clothes was shredding all over making the small body almost naked but the black boots kicked him off and step on his face, the poor child whimpers in pain and tired of screaming. But yet again, another round of beatings start, and the poor child rolls all over to protect his body and hold the painful parts of his body "Ahhhhhh!!!! Ahhhhh!!!"

The teary eyes was opened, he had a sharp gasp.

It was a dream..That was just a dream. Back then..Back then..He never knew why he was beaten back then. They were so violent that it brings him to tears just to remember.He still had those scars all over his body. He blinks slowly and the tears left his eyes, flowing down to his cheeks, his vision is now cleared and he saw a very bright yellowish lights, there were a cracking sounds too.

..F-Fire..?..

He rolls his eyes, he was laying down on a low grey mattress with his head facing to his left, he wanted to move, but his head felt so heavy

..Where am..

"He's awake! Mommy he's awake!" The voice of a child reach his ears, and soon the small girl place herself in front of the blonde's face, kneeling on the mattress. The way she was taking a closer look to make sure the blonde saw her is quite funny, the unblinking eyes makes her thinks twice if the blond has really woke up.

The sounds of footsteps was heard and soon a male voice said " Sweetie, give him some space" the girl stand up as she was told. He saw a man with a hazel eyes kneels down to match their eyes, after a few seconds of confirming something he calls out "Harry!" and he walk away from the blonde's vision. Within a few seconds, he heard footsteps running and soon a wrap on his neck with a sudden pressure on the mattress, he gasp in shock and he was about to scream in his fear but before he did another scream reached him

"I'm sorry!! I'm so sorry!" The pleads makes the blonde's eyes widen, with a cracking movement he manage to turn his head to have a look. He only saw hairs, a brunette, laying down soo close to his chest. It feels hard to breath with the pressure on his chest but the lad could hear the brunette child was sobbing.

"I'm sorry..I didn't mean to hurt you..I'm sor-" the child stop when he felt a hand was placed softly on his head, he raise his head only to meet their eyes, he saw the teen looking at him with those pale eyes tiredly.

With happiness in the boy's shining eyes he hugs the lad once again, tighter this time. The difficulties to breath happened again. But the man with the hazel eyes walk over to them, and pick up the boy, landing the child standing right next to himself. The boy was still sobbing and keep wiping his tears away

"Please forgive my son" He said to the lad. The lad look at that man for a moment "You are in my house, my son was playing with slingshot and it accidentally hits you on your head when you was on the street. We took you in for now because the blizzard is too strong. We'll take you to the hospital tomorrow" he explained. This man have so much questions towards the blonde lad, but he keep it to himself for now as he just woke up, and his children is around.

The warm multi layered blanket wrapping around him and the fireplace save his life from dying in freezing. His cheeks was flushed red with the heats, and he was sweating a lot but it feels good for him. He was used to get cold, this rare warmness serves him a good sensation, he feels warm and..Alive. He wants to sleep again, this is just so comfortable...