Chapter Ten: "A Little Explanation"

The door swung open to reveal the biggest house they had ever seen. A collective gasp ran through the group, all apart from Phoenix. She walked in without missing a beat and patted the sofa, indicating she wanted them to sit there.

  Cancer's mouth was wide open as he kept walking in and out of the cabin. He walked around to the back of the cabin. "Where does the rest of it go!?" He exclaimed.

"You better close your mouth before you catch flies." Gemini grinned, even though she was as flabbergasted as him. Everyone slowly walked in, wondering what was happening. They sat down silently on the couch and looked around, taking in their surroundings. A fire crackled behind Phoenix, the flames barely a centimeter from her. The cabin had a sweet woodsy smell and was actually quite comfortable.

"Dude, get your elbow out of my ribs!" Aquarius complained to Aries,

"It's not my fault!" She exclaimed, shifting uneasily. She twisted her body sideways, she was now laying half across Libra. Libra groaned and tried to push her leg off. Phoenix cleared her throat, trying to get their attention, but it was to no avail.

"Guys," she said patiently, they ignored her, "Guys!" she repeated, again there was no response, in fact, their bickering seemed to increase in volume. "BOYS AND GIRLS, YOU ALL BETTER QUIT IT OR I'M GONNA COME OVER THERE AND WHOOP YOUR ASSES." Everyone stopped and stared at her, they hadn't expected her to shout at them, she seemed like the person to never lose their temper.

"Damn," Leo whispered to Capricorn, who was sitting next to him. He looked up and saw Phoenix stomping towards him. His eyes widened as she stopped in front of him. She grabbed his ear and pulled. "Ow, ow, ow!" he cried,

"Next time I tell you to shut up, you shut up." She hissed. She let go of his ear abruptly and walked back to where she was standing before. "So," She smiled sweetly at the frightened group. Everyone stared at her expectantly as she began talking. "This might be a little hard for you to take in but," She took a deep breath,

"Youguysarethedescendantsoftheconstellationzodiacs," she said. They all looked at her with confused looks. She sighed and repeated what she said, but slower, "You guys are the descendants of the constellation zodiacs. I know you won't believe me but trust me whe-"

"I believe you," Taurus spoke up. Everyone's heads swiveled around.

"Yeah, me too," Scorpio said. His face was completely neutral, "I also believe in unicorns and the tooth fairy, oh and did I forget to tell you, I'm half-mermaid." He snorted unattractively.

"Don't you bring unicorns into this, they are real! I shall prove it!" Leo and Aquarius cried. Phoenix put her head in her hands.

"I didn't think it was going to be this hard." She groaned. Libra went and stood next to her, rubbing her back affectionately. Taurus joined her.

"Hey, they'll come to," Taurus said sweetly. "Is there anything else we need to know?" Phoenix smiled appreciatively,

"As a matter of fact, there is." She cleared her throat, "Now, I know that most of you don't believe me, and I don't blame you. But I will tell you anyways, after that it's your choice whether you want to believe. Haven't you ever wondered why your names were so different? Did you think it was a complete coincidence that all twelve of you together was all the zodiac signs? Either way, you have powers, and an evil man is out to get them. He, the thirteenth zodiac, was exiled many years ago, much like your ancestors. However, he ran away before he could be sent to earth. He believed that they never included him and that he would take their powers and show them what he was capable of. After your ancestors were exiled, he was unable to trace them, because they had been split up. However, now.."

"We're all together again," Aries gasped,

"What, you're saying you believe in this crap?" Virgo exclaimed in surprise, "This is completely illogical."

"Whatever it is, it's better to be safe than sorry," Aries spat back.

"She does have a point," Pisces spoke up. "So what, we're magical beings that come from the earth? But how can we even be constellations, we're not stars?"

"Your ancestors were changed to human form when they were sent here. This means you are part star. And yes, you are magical, therefore you have powers."

"Hol-Hold up there," Aquarius wagged his finger in the air. "Magic powers?" Phoenix nodded. "Ok, even I'm not that gullible." He said.

"We'll see," Phoenix said with a smug smile. She turned to leave. "You are confined to this cabin until further notice. So— make yourself comfortable." She stated as she stalked out. They heard the bolt lock.

"Oh my god." Gemini looked at the others. "WE'RE TRAPPED HERE." She shouted suddenly. She began shaking. "What about our parents, OUR LIVES!" She began running around the room, she fiddled at the door, then the windows. They were all bolted. They were trapped. Everyone looked at her, not sure what to do.

"Hey, it's ok, calm down. We will be fine." Cancer said comfortingly.

  The sun was beginning to set outside. The last rays shone across the lake before disappearing. The thunder clapped menacingly in the distance as a bolt of lightning struck in the distance. The gentle pitter patter of the rain on the window somewhat calmed them down and were all yawning. "Should we all just sleep here?" Virgo suggested.

"I think someone has already beat you to it." Capricorn grinned as she saw Libra's head slowly loll onto Virgo's shoulder. He was about to shrug her off but thought better of it and shifted into a more comfortable position before closing his eyes. One by one they all drifted off to sleep, all lying on top of each other.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hello children of the dark. I'm not exactly proud of this chapter, it wasn't one of my best, and I'm sorry if you guys found it boring, I promise I'll try and make the next chapter better, anyway...

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Yours truly,

Zodiac Lover No.1,

Leslie