Chapter Twenty-Four: "A Rescue Mission with a Few Confessions"

Aries, Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio, Gemini, and Cancer all stood outside the cabin in silence. Watching as the sun glinted off the windows and on the glittering lake. Finally, Aries broke the silence by clearing her throat. "Let's go."

  They all turned to her and saluted, "Yes Ma'am," Cancer shouted, making everyone cringe at his volume. They then looked at Scorpio, who held the GPS in his hand.

"Leo has been staying in the same spot since we found the GPS, meaning he is probably trapped or enslaved somewhere." He paused for a second, "Our best guess is that Capricorn and the others are with him too." All of them were just praying that the others were all together and safe, for now.

  They began walking into the forest after casting one last glance at the cabin. They had gotten past Aquarius's fence and Scorpio's force field when Gemini went up and pulled Cancer aside. They continued to walk at the side of the group, receiving a few curious looks,

"Stop eavesdropping Aries," Cancer said just as Gemini opened her mouth to speak. Aries jumped at the sudden mention of her name and cursed silently to herself for getting caught, of course, he could read her mind. She reluctantly left them alone and trudged back to where the others were marching.

"I have something to confess," Gemini said slowly, "I'm not really sure how to tell you this but..." she paused, hesitant to continue.

"I feel the same way," he said nervously when he realized she was having trouble continuing her sentence. He scratched the back of his neck and looked at her, an adorable blush creeping up to his cheeks. She looked at him, her gaze laced with confusion. He tapped his head gently and her mouth formed a circle in an 'oh' manner before she shook her head,

"I feel so violated right now," she said jokingly,

"Remember, vulnerability isn't a bad thing." He grinned boyishly before starting to talk again, "And if you feel violated by that then-"

"Since we both feel the same way I presume we can join the others again," Gemini interrupted loudly, her face turning into a tomato. Cancer winked suggestively at her and leaned forward, kissing her on the cheek.

"Whatever you say," he replied before grabbing her hand and pulling her back to the group.

  A shout from the front of the group caught their attention as they saw Scorpio a little ahead of them. They joined him at a cluster of trees that seemed to be a lot closer to each other than the rest, forming what looked almost like a wall. "I think this is it." The edge of the force field Orion and Phoenix had placed to keep them contained. He walked forwards and touched the cluster of trees, "Ow!" He exclaimed when his fingers came in contact with the wood, "I got a splinter."

"Why don't we just go around the trees?" Gemini asked before heading toward where the trees didn't clump together. She was pulled back by Cancer,

"Remember what happened last time we crossed the force field?" He sent a sidelong glance at Pisces and everyone shuddered at the disturbing memory. Scorpio turned to the others,

"I'll need you guys to back up so I can try and open the force field long enough for us to get through." Everybody nodded and backed up a few steps, not willing to get hurt. Scorpio stood in front of them and held his arms out. Lightning began flashing in between his fingers.

  They began smelling the reek of burning wood. A large hole began forming in between the thicket of bark. As soon as it was large enough for a person to climb through, the others began piling through as quickly as possible so that it wouldn't strain Scorpio too much. Everyone was on the other side of the fence apart from Scorpio when his arms began to shake from the pressure. The hole started to close as Cancer shouted,