Chapter Twenty-Six: "It's Magic"

They had been slinking around corners for quite a while now, going deeper and deeper into the maze of corridors. There had surprisingly been no guards, meaning that they had taken out all the guards there were. Taurus pointed ahead, "Look!" They all directed their gazes towards where her finger was pointed. A large door stood there, its hinges rusty. The door itself was made out of a dark chestnut wood with a beautiful assortment of stars and moons engraved in it.

"Its practically screaming for us to open it," Sagittarius said as she walked up to the door,

"Wait, don't open it!" Aries cried, but it was too late. Sagittarius had already opened the door wide open and strode in casually. As soon as she stepped in, she tripped over a wire so thin that it was barely visible. The others rushed to help her up but before they reached, a large metal cage landed on top of her, trapping her. She groaned,

"I just got out of a prison cell, you have to be kidding me." Virgo, Aries, and Libra tried to help her while the other's attention was drawn to something else in the room.

  A large orb sat on a pedestal in the far end of the room. It shone iridescently as the pale bulb next to it radiated its light. They could feel their powers radiating off of it, as though their limitless magic was contained within this fragile glass sphere. "I can feel my power," Virgo breathed, aching to touch it, to feel his power flowing back.

"Me too," Aquarius agreed, his eyes focused on the ball of power. He could feel himself being drawn to it, his entire mind and soul needed that power, to feel whole again. Capricorn had just picked it up when the door slammed violently, making her almost drop and shatter the orb.

"Well, I didn't expect you guys to find this room," Ophiuchus grinned at them evilly, making them shift uneasily, his gaze flickered to Sagittarius, who still remained trapped, "It's a pity that only one of you got trapped, it would have made things so much easier." He marched over to Capricorn and snatched the orb out of her hand. Scorpio quickly ran over to stand next to her and glared at him, but he countered with a glower that made them both recoil. Scorpio retreated behind the pedestal to where nobody could see him. Capricorn frowned at him questioningly but said nothing.

"I smell trouble," Leo whispered,

"Yeah, I think we already established that," Capricorn barked at him sarcastically.

"You know, that's a strange phrase," Gemini mused, looking off into something in the distance, "You can't really smell trouble." She went over and sniffed Ophiuchus. He watched her in sheer confusion. "See, I smelled him and he doesn't smell like trouble, he smells like vanilla,"

"If smelling like vanilla means you're evil then," Capricorn sniffed herself, "Then I'm super evil."

"Well, I'm pretty sure we already knew that," Scorpio said, earning a soft punch from Capricorn,

"Ahh, young love," Pisces sighed smiling happily at them.

"At least they're not a grandpa like you," Taurus grinned.

"Well if I'm a grandpa, then you're a grandma," he grinned back, watching as Taurus turned a soft shade of pink.

"That would have been really weird if anybody other then Pisces said that," Aries said. Virgo thought about it for a second but then shook his head,

"Nope, still weird,"

"It doesn't even make sense," Libra said, shrugging her shoulders,

"Back to me," Ophiuchus interrupted, lifting the orb again.

"Oh yeah right, so you see my point. Trouble doesn't have a smell. So it's a really stupid phrase." Gemini said again.

"Yeah, it's like, if you can smell trouble, then you're probably drunk," Cancer pitched in,