Chapter Nineteen: "A Cunning Capture"

In the deathly silence of the night, a figure suddenly stirred in their bed. They slowly slipped out of their beds and opened the window. There was a fire escape just outside their window and they placed their feet on the metal grating. They curled their bare toes as the freezing surface met their warm feet. The moon sent a ray of light that illuminated their face and gave them a pale, ghostly appearance. Illuminating their face for all to see. It was Capricorn.

  Yet, she wasn't awake, at least, not completely. Her legs moved of their own accord, her mind still trapped in a sweet slumber. She hadn't set off any alarms, nobody had suspected the window. She lumbered towards the woods, the rough ground not making any difference. Her eyes were glazed, as though they were looking through a thick window. She continued to walk, reaching the force field. She began clambering up, her arms and legs moving almost robotically. Nobody could know what was going on inside her head. As she reached the top of the fence, she dropped to the other side. She collapsed, the moonlight highlighting the bags underneath her eyes as they closed.

  The sun filtered through the trees into the sleeping body of Capricorn. She yawned widely and stretched her limbs, startled at the crinkling underneath her body. She turned and found herself, not in her soft bed, but I the forest floor. Panic flooded her mind as she saw the fence. How did she get out of it? She tried to touch the fence but was immediately thrown back. She frantically looked for a means of entering, but the entire area was secured.

• • •

  Meanwhile, back in the cabin, the zodiacs were in a frenzy. "How could she have gotten past the alarm?" Virgo cried as he rushed around her room, looking at the window that stood wide open. Taurus looked on the verge of crying,

"My vision is coming true," she kept repeating fearfully. Libra came into the room,

"Let's go check the forest," she said calmly, "She might have wandered off and slept off there." Libra was the only one who was even remotely calm at the moment. The three teens joined the rest of the group at the edge of the forest.

  All of a sudden, they heard a shout from Leo, who stood by the fence. He was leaning over it, careful not to lean too far otherwise he'd touch the force field. There came a shout from the other side of the fence, but it was male. They all rushed over and looked. There stood a man with hooded grey eyes and a lean body. His eyes lit up at the sight of them and they felt slightly creeped out. he was about to speak but was interrupted. "Who are you and what have you done with Capricorn," Aries cried, pointing an accusatory finger at him. His eager smile fell and he looked confused,

"But guys, it is me!" He cried, his voice was rough and manly, "Capricorn," Virgo scoffed,

"Do you actually think we are that dumb?" Virgo shot at the man. The man looked conflicted, he looked around. Before he could say anything Scorpio spoke, "Come on guys, let's go. He can't get in any way." They all jumped down and began walking away. The heard the man shouting behind them. They tried to hide their disappointment and fear. Where was Capricorn? What if that man was Ophiuchus? Had he gotten to Capricorn?

  Capricorn breathed heavily as she continued to shout after them. She felt tears prick at her eyes, she didn't understand, why did they not believe her? Did they not recognize her? She took a deep breath and was about to shout again when a voice spoke from behind her. "Don't bother Capricorn," she spun around. A man with pitch black hair and mischevious green eyes stood behind her, leaning against the tree. A cigarette hung loosely from his lips. He seemed to pay no attention to her, she studied his face for age lines, but he seemed barely a year older than her.