Chapter Twenty-Seven: "So Cliché"

Ophiuchus was simply staring at them in awe. Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn glowed an earthy green for the element 'Earth'. Aries, Leo and Sagittarius glowed a bright fiery red for their element, 'Fire'. Aquarius, Gemini and Libra let out a bright white glow that stood for the element 'Air'. Lastly, Cancer and Pisces shone a sea blue for the element 'Water', but Scorpio wasn't. The demon lumbered towards them, Its yellowing teeth glinting against their glow.

  Just before It reached them, a ball of water came crashing down on It, making It stagger backward. Aquarius stood grinning, bouncing a ball of water in his hand as he prepared to throw it. The monster lifted into the air, courtesy of Sagittarius, and whined as several emotions hit It at once, fear, sadness, thanks to Gemini. It began struggling in the grasp of the invisible hand. Everyone looked away, even though it was evil, It was a living being that they were going to kill. After a few seconds, it sagged and fell limply to the ground, a lifeless corpse.

  Capricorn rushed to Scorpio's side, lifting his head and placing it on her lap. She didn't care that she was getting blood on her clothes and hands. His breathing was shallow and ragged, as though he was struggling to hold on to the strands of life. Pisces immediately joined her, placing a hand on Scorpio's chest. His eyes widened in fear, "Scorpio is barely alive, I can't fix him." Everyone looked at him in shock. He paused, he seemed to be pondering. "Unless,"

"Unless what?" Capricorn urged. Taurus placed her hands on Capricorn's shoulders to calm her down.

"Unless we all give him a fragment of our energy, our life." He finally said, looking at them.

"Will it make our lives shorter?" Virgo questioned, stepping forward.

"No," Pisces said, "but there is a chance that one of us might not make it out,"

"A life for a life," Aries spoke, nodding her head in understanding. Pisces nodded as well,

"It's worth it," Libra said quietly,

"We'd die for each other," Cancer exclaimed proudly. Pisces nodded again and held our one hand while the other remained on Scorpio's chest. Everyone linked hands and closed their eyes, praying for a miracle.

A gold energy surged down their veins and through their hands until they reached Pisces. The gold slithered down Pisces's arm and seemed to illuminate Scorpio's chest for a second before it disappeared. One by one, they all collapsed, groaning in exhaustion. However, they were all alive. "Did it work?" Gemini asked, crawling next to Capricorn, who remained seated with Scorpio's head on her lap.

"All of us are fine," Sagittarius remarked, though it seemed more like a question. They went quiet for a few seconds but Scorpio remained still, he had stopped breathing.

"No," Capricorn said, a small tear escaping her eye and landing on Scorpio's cheek. She tried wiping it off, but they kept on coming until they were gushing down. Taurus rubbed her back, tears coating her own skin as well when Scorpio suddenly shuddered. Everybody froze.

His eyes shot open and frantically scanned the area, finally landing on Capricorn, who still held him in her arms. He reached up with effort and touched her face, wiping away a tear and resting his hand on her cheek. She let out a shuddering sob and he suddenly pulled her forward. She almost toppled over and was about to protest when he kissed her. When she pulled back, she saw that Scorpio's eyes were also teary, and he was smiling. She had never seen him smile like that before, and it was beautiful.

Scorpio quickly got up and walked over to Cancer and Pisces, Thank you, he thought and placed a hand on Pisces's shoulder, and Cancer smiled. "Now," Scorpio said, taking their hands. Cancer and Pisces looked at their linked hands before they felt their elemental power surging through them

  Ophiuchus thought that nobody noticed when he began edging for the door, praying that none of them would see him, and opened the door. However, a bubble of water surrounded Ophiuchus, drowning out his objections. A ring of water swirled around the Water Signs. Their eyes glowed the color of the sea. The Water Signs were united.

"Villains..." They said, their voices synchronized and almost, hypnotizing. A rope of vines slithered around his legs and arms, restricting his movement. He turned to see the Earth Signs joining hands, their eyes glowing the same earthly green. A tangle of vines danced behind them like snakes. The Earth Signs were united.

"Can..." They said, continuing The Water Signs sentence. He grunted as he struggled against the ropes, then a ring of fire appeared around him, the flames licking up till his waist as he stilled, there was nowhere to go. The Fire Signs has a ring of fire around them as well, and it was as though they controlled it, the wrath reflecting in their glowing red eyes. The Fire Signs were united.

"Never..." They chorused. Ophiuchus knew who was next, a harsh wind blew in his direction. making him fall over. He saw the Air signs parroting the other's actions, their eyes were shining a bright white, like an LED light. A wind whipped around them, blowing their hair in all directions, but their feet remained planted on the ground. The Air Signs were united.

"Win." They finished. They began walking and formes a circle around Ophiuchus, he looked around at them in fear. A spark jolted through them, a gold line of energy connecting them all, as the glow became brighter.

"We are the Zodiacs," they all said in unison. The Zodiacs were united.

Now the glow filled the entire room, it was blinding. There was a bang and the ground shook. The floor moved from beneath them, but they remained standing. Ophiuchus's fear grew, he knew where they were going, somewhere he definitely didn't want to go. The glow slowly dispersed, the Zodiacs looked around in confusion. The light from their eyes and bodies was gone now. They definitely weren't in the forest.

They weren't even on earth.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh, well wasn't that a cliffhanger? How's life going for you guys? So, life has actually been pretty boring so far, but hold up, are we coming towards the end of the book? Yes, yes we are.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Yours truly,

Zodiac Lover No.1,

Leslie