Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to kosisoodili for finally joining Wattpad and sharing his amazing stories

WALKING BACK

She sat down amidst Oma and her friends, Henry included being squashed by their large bodies, perfumes and questions. Mr Ken wasn't in class yet he was probably having a nice time with other teachers because she could hear the other classes making hell of noises. She didn't like the fact that they were suddenly desperate to be her friend all because they found out that she wouldn't talk but then she really liked the idea of having more than classmates as friends. When she walked into the class earlier on, planning on going to the back her head down to avoid wandering stares, she had heard her name. She turned around to see Marvel smiling at her, "why don't you seat with us today?" She shook her head no, a way of telling her that she didn't have to bother but Marvel was not listening. She stood up from her seat, and dragged Anna squashing her in between James and Henry. Anna looked up to Oma with a 'help me gaze' but all her friend did was smile mischievously at her.

At this point, the rest of the gang as they liked to call themselves had left her alone probably tired of reading out her answers. She would have been happy about that if Henry was not still at her neck, trying to know more about her.
"What's your last name?" She shrugged to that, he slid a paper and a pen in front of her and asked the same question with a teasing smile. She huffed and wrote down her surname.
"Makiya. That 's nice. Do you know what would make it nicer?" He asked her, and without waiting for a reply continued. "It would be nicer if I knew what it meant." Anna rolled her eyes and shook her head no refusing to tell him the meaning of her surname. She didn't like being questioned and she wasn't going to give him any answer or she hoped so.
"If you don't answer me I would keep pestering you till you do." Anna secretly prayed that Mr Ken would be the superhero he was meant to be and come into the class as quick as possible. She felt someone tug at her hair which made her turn to look at Henry with her killer glare patched on her face.
"Come onnnn just tell me the meaning it's not that hard." She thought Henry was supposed to be mature, Precious and Oma said that he was so why was he acting painfully like a child?" She tried swatting his hand away from her head but he quickly removed it making her hit her head. She winced a little under her breath as she left her hand on her head.
"Sorry." Henry said looking remorseful but he was also looking like he wasn't through. She dropped her hand down to the desk and he grabbed a hold of it, playing with her fingers. Her heart fluttered at this as she blushed. She quickly dragged her hand away from his hold, a glare that she forced to come on her face the second time was now withering away.
"Don't tell me you are as violent as your friends." Henry said to her face, eyes really wide. He knew very well that Anna loved her space, in fact any good observer who looked at her for only an hour would know that. She gently pushed him away from her before grabbing the pen and began to write furiously.
"Hmm so Makiya is the short for Omakiya and in Ilaje it means A child that rejected suffering?" Anna nodded at that. "So you are not Yoruba? I thought you were Yoruba." Anna smacked her face lightly with her palm before dragging the paper from his hand and began to write. Once she was through, he didn't let her drop the pen he dragged the paper from her hungry for more information on the pretty mute girl.
"You are Yoruba?" He had not even read it finish and he looked back up at her, confusion evident on his face. Anna rolled her eyes at his impatience before pointing at the paper.
'Yea yea.... Oh Ilaje is a dialect so you are Yoruba but your dialect is Ilaje?" She nodded yes. "So if I wanted to say Makiya in the central Yoruba dialect what would I say.?" He waited patiently for her to write before he took the paper from her this time gently. "Mokoya or Omokoya?" She nodded her head. He was about to say something else when Mr Ken came inside. Anna breathed a sigh he was better late than never.
"Am I that bad?" Henry asked in fake hurt. She shrugged and gave him a guilty smile. It was his turn to roll his eyes. "We are going to make great friends. I am very sure of that." He said to her with very mighty confidence.