Chapter 21

This chapter is dedicated to sereniity-  for her awesome and wonderful comments on my book. It feels good to know people actually love my story.

FAILING TO STAND

The feeling of her heart being crushed and broken into a thousand pieces was overwhelming and she suddenly found it difficult to breathe. She wanted the pain to stop, it was so bad that she wouldn't wish such pain on her enemies. Heart ache. She had never felt so much pain before, never felt that particular pain before. It hurt so bad that she thought it was going to be the end of her.

The way Henry's eyes wavered as she stared into them was enough proof for her that he knew that she knew. She felt Precious' comforting hand on her back and she blinked quickly trying to stop the stupid tears from falling.
"So it was all a joke?" Oma's voice came out strained but the venom was still very much noticeable in her words.

It couldn't be a joke. Anna thought to herself, the way he held her close when she had cried over Oma's anger. The way he took so much interest in every word she had to write down or the compliments. The way he kissed her. It couldn't be a joke none of those things could be jokes because they felt so real.

"I'm sorry Oma but it's the truth, she was just a fling."

A fling? She was just a fling, to be used and thrown away like she was of no importance. She wondered why on earth her always alert instincts hadn't warned her, it all felt so right. He hadn't even the guts to speak to her directly, just acted like she wasn't there

"If you don't shut the fuck up I'd fling your head away from your body." Precious growled out, threatening him.

"I know you girls are upset, but you are my friends I won't lie. You guys should look na, someone like me could never go for someone like her."

Anna's eyes widened, she couldn't take it anymore so she did something she hadn't thought of. She slapped him. The slap was loud enough to both quieten them and get the attention of everyone outside. Her hands ached as she stared at him. Shock was written all over his face, it was pretty obvious that he had never been slapped before.

The look he gave her would have scared her if she cared but she didn't. She was too hurt to care.
"You are very lucky I don't hit girls." His voice was menacing.
"But that doesn't mean I don't have other ways to make you hurt." She thought it was his loss because he had hurt her already. There was no other pain that could be bigger than that.

He brought out a book and showed it to her making her eyes widen in fear - he could hurt her more.
"I was going to return this today but I guess you don't need this." And just like that, he walked away and shoved her book into the fire burning some dirty into ashes. Right at the far end.

He didn't even think twice. She thought to herself as she ran after him, pushed him away to retain her burning book. He held her back though giving the book more time to burn.
"This will teach you." He whispered to her ear before letting her go. She retrieved her book, that still had fire on it, not even caring about her hands.

"Anna." Her friends had kept on calling her but she didn't listen, she just continued to hit the book with her palms trying to stop the fire from consuming all of her book. When she felt their hands on her shoulder, she had managed to stop the book from turning to nothing but ash so she shoved the remaining of her damaged books into her small bag before ridding herself of her friends' hold. She walked up to him again, and watched as his face held unto a sickening smile. She didn't hesitate to deliver a punch to his nose. She hated violence but at that point, her hatred for him was more.