Chapter 32

After about two weeks in the hospital, Anna was finally been discharged. The day she went home was one happy day for her. She was truly tired of staying in one spot and doing nothing and the hospital food was something she didn't want to talk about. She had walked out of the building with a smile on her face and an Abubakar in her hand as no one had come forth to say that they were related to him in someway.

She still felt weak when she left the hospital but not that weak that she would fall to the floor after each step.

Getting out of the hospital, she was shoved to see lots of people, familiar and strange faces, standing in front of the Hospital waiting for her and cheering her on. Those were the people that had gone with her family every step of the way in an attempt to find her. Mr Nat was even there. She stood there dumbfounded and in awe,  having no idea what exactly to do. It was until Oma whispered in her ear, telling her to wave before she brought her hand up, very stiffly and gave a wave. That made the crowd cheer even more and that made her cry and let out a few tears. She didn't no she was important to so many people, she had been a very small dot yet she was important.

The Sunday after that, she had gone to church and it was filled to the brim. It didn't stop her mission and determination though she was going to do what she had planned and practiced. The Pastor had announced that her family wanted to give a testimony, but no one expected that the mute girl was going to speak. Not until she was handed the microphone.

"I want to Thank God for keeping me alive." I voice rang out very smoothly. She had practiced and practiced, not wanting her voice to crack.

"I went through a very difficult and trying time that I thought would be the end of me but when I thought all hope was lost, he saved me." Feeling the eyes on her. She rounded up her testimony before handing the microphone to the pastor. She knew very well that the testimony she had given wasn't even enough to explain just how much God had done for her but she couldn't say much with everyone looking at her like an exhibition.

Her mother was the next to talk.
"Forgive my daughter. O da bi kpe ko mo oun ti Olorun ti se fun wa. Her mother teased earning a few laughter here and there from those who understood her and an eye roll from her daughter
She dove in, after that statement to a worship that had the whole congregation getting up on their feet. Anna wanted to say that her mother was being too extra, but she knew it wasn't so. Her mother was just being grateful.

The next Monday, Anna had insisted continuously on staying at home but then, even she knew that if she missed more days, she was probably not going to graduate or pass her WAEC exams. She eventually had to go to school with the option of coming back home if she became overwhelmed. She wasn't overwhelmed though. Her schoolmates, mostly her class did a good job of acting normal even though there were a fee long glances and pity looks here and there. It was as though they had planned on it long before she came, and if they did, it worked.

During break, she went up to Miss Faith's office to see how the woman was doing. Just as she stepped into the room, she was engulfed in a big hug and the lots of kisses on her forehead..
The woman looked down at her and she could still see the bags lining her eyes. She was really worried.

The lesson wasn't as organised as her school, they didn't plan on acting normal and they didn't try. She received a gazillion long stares and even though it bothered her, she decided on leaving it be. They were just curious she guessed. One thing that really wasn't normal though was the way Mr Nat was being to kind to her. He had given her a smile more than once and each time she had awkwardly and reluctantly returned it.

He was probably taking pity on her. That was another time she really didn't mind the pity as long as it got her some peace in Mr Nat's class.
Mr Ken.  Mr Ken had looked at her with such soft smile that she knew very well he was one of the people who had not even relented in the search for her. Besides her best friends had  ranted about all he had done and how far he went just to get her back.

She surprised the both of them by giving the man a hug. He deserved it she thought to herself.

--------
Hey my dear peasants!!!!

We are here and we are at the last chapter. It short. Mostly because I didn't plan it. But here we are.

Merry Christmas one last time as we say a big goodbye to Scarred.
It's been a long while with this book and I'm super happy and super sad to mark it complete.

This journey had been great to say the least.

Merry Christmas Everyone From My Side.

Kingshortie😘 out.